Foxy has been down right HATEFUL the past couple of days,...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right!! Now I know who I was talking to!!! lol... I was really touched by your story of Freedom and how you missed her.....I`m so happy for you that you have a "new" baby to love!!
default_yes.gif
: It has already been said I think, she could be hormonal too if she IS pregnant. Dont feel she is angry with you.....horses dont hold grudges or ponder over who is responsible for their change in circumstance, and get resentful....(only us miserable humans do that!! :lol: ) You have lots of ideas to try now as you begin your journey together. Enjoy!

Pepperhill,.....Thanks for your advice,.....I really wish I could use it,..but,..here in Saskatchewan one cattle panel is around 200 dollars! :new_shocked:

And the T-posts,......Our ground is frozen rock solid,..We have had temps in the minus 20s and as low as the -40s this winter,.....I dont even think that you could get an ice pick in the ground right now :no: ,...But,....good news,...It has been around -2 and the 0 degree mark the past few days,..and eves are dripping!!! :aktion033:

I hope it is soon! Thanks though Pepperhill :saludando:

Slaneyrose :saludando: ,....Thanks so very much and expecially remembering about my beloved Freedom
default_wub.png
: ,.....I am really gonna try hard to do right by little Foxy ,..I promise ,..each and every one of you on here,...It makes me feel good to know that a few believe in me ,...when I have a hard time believing in myself.

Foxy had a really good run tonight,...Daddy took her out while Mommy,...COMPLETELY cleaned out her box stall,...and disinfected it again,...(It is amazing how BIG a 10 by 12 stall can really be!!) LOL
default_wacko.png
:

My youngest Becky was out with Foxy and Fred and while they had her out Fred took her up to the patio door in the living room here, He told me,... that she WASNT allowed in the house!!!, :eek: grrrrrrrr LOL

I couldnt get no pictures,..cause I made potato scallop and baked chicken for supper,..and of course Fred wanted to eat first,..soo it was dark out.,.I will get pics soon though.
default_yes.gif
:

Pepperhill,.....Thanks for your advice,.....I really wish I could use it,..but,..here in Saskatchewan one cattle panel is around 200 dollars! :new_shocked:

And the T-posts,......Our ground is frozen rock solid,..We have had temps in the minus 20s and as low as the -40s this winter,.....I dont even think that you could get an ice pick in the ground right now :no: ,...But,....good news,...It has been around -2 and the 0 degree mark the past few days,..and eves are dripping!!! :aktion033:

Actually, the cattle panels that Pepperhill is referring to, are the ones shown as a fenceline in this photo. Although they are not $200 a panel, they are far more expensive here in Canada than they are in the US. I am lucky that we are a bordertown, so I buy mine in the states, and it is far cheaper to pay the exchange, the duty and taxes, than it is to buy the same panels in Canada. They are close to $40/panel, and that was before the price of steel went up. I was buying the same panels in Minnesota for $13.95 a panel.

As for the posts, she just meant to use it to try to add a little stability to the panels when just setting them on top of the ground, as they are flimsey.

feedtime2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,..Thanks for clarifying that for me Mona,.....I thought it was the BIG,HEAVY cattle panels,...(that I cant even lift,..not that Im a weakling or nothing),..shhhhhhhh
default_shutup.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Okay l call these cattle panels 80 bucks a piece 10' long and Mona l buy your panels as hog wire 48

bucks for a 40 ft section. Please correct me on fencing l see so many times cattle panels mentioned and l call ours cattle panels because thats what we order them as. Correct fence lanuage please or does it make a differance where you live?

home.jpg

Okay l call these cattle panels 80 bucks a piece 10' long and Mona l buy your panels as hog wire 48

bucks for a 40 ft section. Please correct me on fencing l see so many times cattle panels mentioned and l call ours cattle panels because thats what we order them as. Correct fence lanuage please or does it make a differance where you live?
Yes, those are cattle panels too. Around here, the ones that I posted pics of, come only in 16' lengths...nothing shorter, nothing longer. They refer to the shorter(in height) ones as hog panels, and the taller ones as cattle panels. The ones I use are I believe 52" tall.

I do think you are right in that different areas refer to different items with different names.
default_yes.gif
:

I would call them "Hurdles" (just to be awkward
default_smile.png
) and, Yes, that is what I use. I have both cattle and sheep hurdles and they are invaluable as they are free standing. It is quite a lot of initial outlay but they are worth it and once you have them, so long as you look after them, they do last well.

l call these cattle panels 80 bucks a piece 10' long
Yup, that's what "we" call cattle panels too, but they are well over $100. here, each.

Mona...I like the looks of those ones you have. I have been looking into a portable fence system to use at some of the shows, and they look like just the ticket!
default_yes.gif
: what a price difference...wonder why we Canadians get gouged so much all the time? I mean...we really do get over-charged for just about every thing...and sometimes I just have to gripe.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

I think it is awfully sweet that you are so concerned about your little mares happiness!!

Well, of course, it isn't ideal how she is stalled all the time but she will be fine!

Mares can be little snots and I am sure she has a few reasons for being one!

One big factor may be that she doesn't really like or trust humans, probably with good reason
default_sad.png
. She is probably starting to fell safe and so she is getting mroe confident and showing you her dislike for humans.

The wonderful thing about animals is they are very forgiving
default_yes.gif
:

In no time she will know you are a nice human and she can trust you!
default_yes.gif
:

It will be spring before you know it, you will get your fencing up asap and you can relax and just enjoy your little girl!!

For now, I would take advantage of the situation and spend as much time getting to know her and showing her human interaction can be a good thing, so when she is turned out in her new pasture she will want to be around you!!

Don't stress yourself out, she will be fine.

Just give her time.... and give yourself a break.. you haven't done anything wrong just done what many of us do... that is buy a horse on impulse
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Heck, I bought our first pony on impulse, she was wild!

The lady was to deliver her in 2 weeks, I got home and thought darn I better get a move on.

In two weeks I built a stable and a fence around it to make a small run in, I only had about 1 hour a night to work on it after hubby got home, I never worked so fast!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

The stable is still a favorite among my minis, even though we have since had the barn built
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back