Found a neat White Quartz on our property

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
I was just doing some flood irrigating on our property and found a raw piece of white quartz crystal by the canal. Have found agates before, but never something like this.......

A friend here in this area says that wherever there is white quartz, there is often Gold! Does anyone know anything about that????

This is an old farming community here, but I haven't ever heard of anyone searching for gold in the area......

MA

If that's true....I'm going to start digging! We have lots of quartz around our area. Not sure if the gold thing is fact or not.

hi ma

many years ago i went to colorado with my parents. we dug for quartz there and were also told where theres quartz theres gold. I found quite a bit and some turqoise. big pieces of quartz can be quite valuable. Good luck hit that gold mine!!!
default_smile.png

:saludando: Just yesterdey saw a show on history chan on gold mining, one of the indircators of gold was white quartz. So good luck.

Well now, that is really cool!!! Good luck MA!!

I had heard that, too, but am not sure if that is an old wives tale... We have a lot of white quartz in my area - I remember as a child we would play in our nearby canyons and find the quartz - we were convinced that they were magic!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

yee haw- ya gonna be rich! :aktion033: Ok now, can we see a picture of your white quartz so we all can see if we have it too.

Here's a photo of the white quartz I found....... I am thinking it was a gift of some kind.....

MA

WhiteQuartz1.jpg

Hey MA,

My hubby and I have vacationed down in the gold rush area in California many times, and your supposition about white quartz pairing with gold is true. In Murphys, CA, there is a vineyard (Kautz Ironstone) that has a vault with a white quartz stone mixed with 44 pounds of flake gold. It says it is worth about 2 million dollars. It's amazing to see. So keep looking! You might just find some!

Jayne

Wow Good luck I hope its true!

I have a lot of white quartz laying right on the surface of our land! Old timers say there was a gold mine down this way but no one today knows where or even if its true.

Maybe I will see if I can get the horses to do a little pawing!
default_wacko.png
:

Bon

That is really cool. Timely post.... I have been finding Amethyst on our property. Someone told me it wasn't worth much, but I sure wish they were wrong because that would be a great and easy way to make money.
default_yes.gif
:

default_yes.gif
: :saludando:
default_yes.gif
: They are.

I had heard that, too, but am not sure if that is an old wives tale... We have a lot of white quartz in my area - I remember as a child we would play in our nearby canyons and find the quartz - we were convinced that they were magic!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

CKC, amethyst is probably one of THE most treasured stones for those who love them and/or use them to help, to heal, and to use for decoration. If you have lots, I suggest you do sell them. Clean them up with pure water, set in the sun and they will glow. EBAY is wonderful for that under "healing stones" or "metaphysical" or "rocks & minerals".

AMETHYST (dark/medium purple) is an extremely powerful and protective stone. A natural tranquilizer, Amethyst blocks geopathic stress and negative environmental energies. Wonderful to use for meditation as it enhances your mental and spiritual awareness. It has very strong healing and cleansing powers. Traditionally it was worn to prevent drunkenness and does have a sobering effect on overindulgence. Amethyst can overcome many addictions and blockages of all kinds. It can calm or stimulate your mind depending on the need. It helps with decision making using common sense and insight and help put decisions into practice.

Amethyst enhances memory and improves motivation. It balances out highs and lows, promoting emotional centering. It relieves physical, emotional and psychological stress or pain. It dispels anger, rage, fear, and anxiety, alleviating sadness or grief and can support you in times of loss helping you come to terms with it. “Physicallyâ€, amethyst boosts the production of hormones, tunes the endocrine system and your metabolism. It can strengthen and clean your elimination organs. Amethyst relieves physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress. It eases headaches and releases tension. It reduces bruising, injury and swelling. It can help with hearing disorders, diseases of the lungs and resp. tract, helps skin conditions (acne). It benefits the intestines regulating the flora, removing parasites and helping with the reabsorption of water (diarrhea/constipation). This stone is wonderful for insomnia or nites when sleep won’t come because your mind won’t quiet. Particularly helpful when one is dealing with a death of someone close and beloved.

Wow, I didn't realize all that about amethyst. Thank you for that information. I have been finding quite a bit lately. Our paddock is washing away. Every heavy rain I go out when sun shines and you can find it pretty easily. Our neighbors daughter loves to come over and find some. She loves geology(as do I). I think selling it would be great especially since I just got laid off.

Wow! I'd grab that info that Dimi (Debs) shared and run with it! That is cool stuff!

MA

Mary Ann, I have recieved a wonderful piece of this type quartz from Jane. I love it and having had none before did a bit of research, briefly here it is for you:

Also known by the names Milky Quartz, and white quartz.

Snow Quartz helps with mental stress and improves mental concentration.

Snow Quartz is a gentler, more feminine variety of Quartz, as compared to the clear varieties of quartz which are thought to be more masculine.

Snow quartz and innocence are often used in the same context. Some people feel that wearing this gemstone help them look at things from a child-like perspective, without preconceived and cynical notions. They become hopeful and wise.

This is how a gemologist explained the action of snow quartz: "When we wear snow quartz, it reminds us that the word 'wonderful' comes from the word 'wonder'. And that if we'll look at the world from the eyes of a child again, 'pure wonder' is what we will experience."

From healing point of view, snow quartz are used to help with infections of all kinds and for dandruff.

Wow, Debs. Thanks for the info.

When I found it, I felt like it was a gift and with what you describe, that makes even more sense.

MA

Hey Dimi, is orestone or petrified wood worth anything?? LOL its about all we have here. Did have garnet all over the place at our house in CT. Wish I kept some

Latest posts

Back