Found a kitten today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
Well, I have the strangest story to tell today! I was coming home from a job interview and opened the door at the end of my hallway to come to my apartment on the 6th floor and I see something flash at the end of the hall. I think oh no, a BIG RAT! Ewww. But then I get a closer look, and its definatley a cat! Uh oh, I think, HOW did Rory get into the hallway? I know I locked my door!

Well, it wasn't Rory! It was a kitten! Now, the hallway is closed at both ends, and there was nobody around anywhere. I knocked on a few doors, nobody missing a kitty. Hmm. Put kitten in bathroom to think. Hmm...

The only thing I can thin kof is that somebody came up here and dumped this poor little soul where they knew she at least couldn't get hit by a car or hurt. Somebody would HAVE to at least take her to the shelter I guess. Well, no shelter for this little kitten! Either somebody claims her, I find her a good home, or she stays here.

Anybody got any tips for introducing a kitten to an adult cat? My cats got all her shots and is fixed. This ketten looks very healthy and clean. Smells pretty even. Maybe somebody was moving away from the building and couldn't take her? I don't know. Right now, my cat, Rory is under my bed and so I sent "tink" the kitten out to the living room to play and get her scent around. later I will put her in the bathroom and let Rory back into the living room to check out the kittens scent. I tried for the easy intro, but there was hissing on both ends. ANything else I can do? I'm jobless and can't get kitty to the vet right now, but in a few weeks I'll have money coming in and I will be sure she is vetted, vaccinated, and spayed in a few months.

Anyway, here she is- "Tink" (resisiting the urge to name her, in case she doesn't stay. Also, I haven't told my boyfriend yet, and I think he will take to her better if I let HIM name her. :lol: )

kitten014.jpg

kitten009.jpg

And my cat, so you can understand how I thought it was her at first!

misc147r.jpg

She is very friendly, calm, and purrs like a motor! So loud! She is also VERY dainty and feminine, which the pics don't show.

I think Micheal must be up to his old tricks somehow, to put this kitten in my 6th floor hallway when I felt so bad about not being able to be with Marty... I guess I can help afterall!
default_wub.png
:

It is a LOT easier to introduce a new kitten than it is a new adult cat. My cats usually just need time to adjust to the new kitten. My older female, Maxi, had always just barely tolerated any new kittens (just spayed this week and had never had her own kittens) until we brought the last one home. We'd found him in a drainage ditch and would you believe she was letting him NURSE???

Anyhow, a lot of hissing and growling is expected, but I don't tolerate any fighting with kittens, and Maxi knows that. She usually just hides and eye-balls the newbie from a far away perch, growling if they get too close. Eventually, she'll get used to them and tolerate them.

Good luck with your new baby! (Go Micheal :aktion033: )

Whenever I bring a cat home, I just let him sniff the food dishes, litter box, and water dishes. Then I let the cat roam free and let the others introduce themselves as they see fit. I know it goes against all advice, but honestly, it's a pain to have to put one in quarantine so I never have. I have 5 cats and brought them into the house one by one.
default_smile.png

I guess I've been lucky cuz never had any huge fights or disagreements by doing this either. In fact, I have an older cat who always 'adopts' the new one and shows him around. It's so cute.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess the story has a happy ending. She does in fact belong to a little old lady on my hallway who spent the whole afternoon pulling things out of closets looking for her! She went to put the garbage out, and was distracted and in a hurry to go out to tea with a friend and didn't notice her missing at first. Poor woman was so upset! I'm happy she is home (and a great home, she invited me in to meet "Autumns" sister "sarah", they're spoiled!) but I'm sad I don't get to keep her. I think I shuold have got two from the start, after seeing her two together! Rory is definatly lonely after seeing those two! I'll have to talk my boyfriend into another kitten somehow.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

She sure is a pretty little one! Glad she had a home.......and her owner knows that if anything happens, she doesn't have to worry!
default_yes.gif
:

MA

Well, I am glad that you found the owner - I would have kept her, too, if I was not able to locate the owner - she is adorable!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

So good to know she wasn't abandoned! :aktion033:

Wait til you're more financially stable to get your self another cat, tho. And, if anyone already has a cat or cats, it's best to have a new one tested for FeLV and FIV before bringing them into contact with one another.

Latest posts

Back