For those of us who believe in Heaven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Matt! In dreams, but, always the same dream, different people or dogs. I do believe though that once their souls get to heaven that they don't want to leave and therefore if they don't show themselves to you before they go, you may not ever have them come to you. I also think your loved ones will meet you when you get there.

Thanks for sharing. I am thankful for each and every day, and do not wish them away only to be off to my destination. However, I do believe that we all have our own stories, some are short and and packed with excitement or wisdom, some are long with life lessons to be taken from them and others may be a bit drab or of no interest to others, but we all have one. Someone has written them out for us, giving us free will, but ultimately knowing what our story is and how long it will be. I look at Heaven like I look at Africa. I have never been to Africa, but it's existence is well documented and many people tell of their ventures there. I have no doubt either exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so many beautiful,inspirational stories amongst a fairly small number of people. My sincere. sincere condolences for each loss, especially Chancellor and Kambree....the death of a child must be the most unbearable thing in our world. Once, after my favorite cousin died in a tragic accident, he appeared to me in a dream that "wasn't a dream" and said "don't worry, I'm ok". It brought me so much peace. (And LAMiniatures, I loved the visiting hours comment!)

Although this is a bit off-topic, one of my all-time favorite movies is "Dragonfly" starring Kevin Costner (though I am not really a fan of his, he was great in this movie). If you like the topic of near death experiences, you would probably like this movie, but DON'T read to many reviews, as some spoilers could really take away from the ending for you. That said, I've seen it many, many times and it still has me teary-eyed every time I watch it.

I loved that movie too and also Robin Williams "What Dreams May Come" and also Titanic and the soundtrack too. Sometimes you need a movie to help you have a good cry and find some inspiration to keep going.

default_smile.png

I am but a simple woman, old in years, I don't put much stock in the old testament, just the new, as I do belive that Christ existed and died for my sins, I've been babtisted, gone through communion, etc. Let me believe what I want, I've lost so many that are dear to me, and If I am to survive in this life I must hold onto my beliefs. You nor anyone can take them away from me, i WILL STAND WITH THE Great ONe, God or whatever you want to call him or her, and yes I also believe in science. I must believe that one day I will be reunited with my loved ones that have gone before me, and it is my right, as it is also your right to not believe. I will respect you no matter what you believe, and as such you should respect what I believe. Just think about what this world of ours would be if we all loved one another, and treated each other as we want to be treated. There would be no more wars, relgious, or other wise. Jesus was wise. I will strive everyday to live my life to the fullest, and hope for the day when I go to heaven to be reunited with all that I love, and yes there are animals in heaven.

Riverrose, you have my utmost respect. You might consider yourself old and simple but I consider you wise.

Animals in heaven? I believe that there are and I know one day I will find out for sure.

Will every single relative of mine that has passed away be there? Likely not, but it will be a joy to see those that are and by then I will no longer know sorrow.

I will say that I believe we will always have wars.

I believe we will always have good and evil and that we each have an inner voice to help us discern one from the other.

I cannot create my own little Utopia here but I can have joy even when there is pain.

I believe angels are here on earth to take charge of little day to day situations. I never feel alone even when I am alone.

Just wish I could give you a good bear hug right now.

God hears me when I pray. In Jesus name I pray for you to have peace like a river in your soul We all have a body, spirit, and soul. Your daughter's spirit will always remain with you even though her soul has gone on. You are not only wise but you are strong. I have never seen you but I know that you are beautiful.

Thanks Riverrose
default_smile.png
. I do believe my dad visited me in a dream; he made me laugh so hard that i woke myself up lol.

I know there is something after this, that our souls do transition, that there is something else. I believe in a loving, creative force (call that God or energy or whatever). I think that when we do leave this life that what happens is very different from what anyone believes, in the traditional sense of heaven etc. I also believe strongly in reincarnation.

Riverrose, no one is telling you not to believe whatever you want to
default_smile.png
Thank you, I never meant to imply that someone was repressing me and what I believe in, just wanted to make a point, that we all have the right in this great country of ours to our believes and should respect all even if they differ from us! Isn't that what America is made of, many different beliefs and cultures? We are all different but we are all the same as we are Americans.

Thank you, I never meant to imply that someone was repressing me and what I believe in, just wanted to make a point, that we all have the right in this great country of ours to our believes and should respect all even if they differ from us! Isn't that what America is made of, many different beliefs and cultures? We are all different but we are all the same as we are Americans.
Absolutely
default_smile.png

Ironically, I don't read the bible, yes I've used it, and read most of it as a child, but go on what I know as fact. I've worked with scientists and I also believe that science is fact. I also believe that we are not the only planet around with life. I love old history and palentology, I"ve seen fossels of early man/woman, apes, whatever, I'm just saying, that I believe in heaven, and heck, and I've seen the evil one/devil whatever you want to call him.

This is my story: I was born to a woman that was an alcolhic, not sure of the spelling, anyway, I spent most of my early years in foster homes, my Mom said they were babysitters, but I didn't get to spend much time with her till I was older. She had an apartment in SE DC, a small one bedroom and I had to sleep on the couch, not separate bedroom or even a single bed, just a couch in the living room. We lived near Bolling AFB, and there was a large window in the room that caught all of the moons light when it made an appearance. My Mother was not religious, but I kept a bible by the couch, as it was my salvation, as Jesus was basically the only one I could count on. I was around 10 years old and sound asleep on my couch, when I was awakened by a touch, I turned on the lamp that was on the end table, there in the moon light was a black shape, not trully formed, like smoke, flat, not three demential. I looked thinking, well it was just a reflection of something in the room. Then it started to form, and move, it had the head of a lion, the hands of a monster with long claws, and a dark cape, it's mouth was opening and closing, it was advancing towards me and I was petrified. Please let this be a nightmare, but no, no matter how many times I opened and closed my eyes it was still there, moving ever so slow towards me. I grabbed the bible on the end table and ran screaming to my mothers room, only to be told, go back to bed. As I slowly walked back to the couch clutching my bible, it was gone. I slept with that book all that night, and I've never forgotten that the evil one exists. Science tells me that if evil exists then so must good, Iv'e never seen Gods face, but evil wanted me that night, and the good one saved me, for this I am grateful. We all have our visions, whatever they might me. I can only tell what I have seen and experienced in my lifetime. I'm sure others have stories as well. We all believe what we know to be true to us, even if it sounds crazy to others. I'm brave enough to tell.

Wow, that's some story !!!!! I think I would have headed for a carving knife before I grabbed a book !

I'm not doubting you believe you saw what you saw...you've certainly remembered it all this time
default_smile.png

I believe in heaven and someday will see my son who passed away 14 years ago when he was 28. I also believe there will be animals up in heaven. I hope I'm right. i heard this famous pastor (can't remember his name) speak about it and he was a firm believer in animals being in heaven. So it really helped me. I'm so scared to death to leave this earth without my animals in tow, I pray God knows that. Plus, all the years of all the animals I've had in the past and have their ashes I'd like to see again. And I want to see my childhood horse I had for 19 years and she died of a heart attack. She and I put on many of a mile together over the years. No matter what horse I've gotten since then I've never been able to replace her, or come close to trying to replace her, she was a one of a kind horse.

The only horse that comes that close in personality is my driving horse, he's a 37" mini. He's my diamond, my forever horse. They're a lot a like Sonny and Cindy. Very loving, friendly, do anything for you. I'm so lucky to have been blessed with 2 of these creatures in my life.

They were heaven sent...... TJ

I appreciate the insights and stories of those who believe and also applaud your willingness to speak up here. I, too, believe, and am proud to say so.

Ironically, I don't read the bible, yes I've used it, and read most of it as a child, but go on what I know as fact. I've worked with scientists and I also believe that science is fact. I also believe that we are not the only planet around with life. I love old history and palentology, I"ve seen fossels of early man/woman, apes, whatever, I'm just saying, that I believe in heaven, and heck, and I've seen the evil one/devil whatever you want to call him.

This is my story: I was born to a woman that was an alcolhic, not sure of the spelling, anyway, I spent most of my early years in foster homes, my Mom said they were babysitters, but I didn't get to spend much time with her till I was older. She had an apartment in SE DC, a small one bedroom and I had to sleep on the couch, not separate bedroom or even a single bed, just a couch in the living room. We lived near Bolling AFB, and there was a large window in the room that caught all of the moons light when it made an appearance. My Mother was not religious, but I kept a bible by the couch, as it was my salvation, as Jesus was basically the only one I could count on. I was around 10 years old and sound asleep on my couch, when I was awakened by a touch, I turned on the lamp that was on the end table, there in the moon light was a black shape, not trully formed, like smoke, flat, not three demential. I looked thinking, well it was just a reflection of something in the room. Then it started to form, and move, it had the head of a lion, the hands of a monster with long claws, and a dark cape, it's mouth was opening and closing, it was advancing towards me and I was petrified. Please let this be a nightmare, but no, no matter how many times I opened and closed my eyes it was still there, moving ever so slow towards me. I grabbed the bible on the end table and ran screaming to my mothers room, only to be told, go back to bed. As I slowly walked back to the couch clutching my bible, it was gone. I slept with that book all that night, and I've never forgotten that the evil one exists. Science tells me that if evil exists then so must good, Iv'e never seen Gods face, but evil wanted me that night, and the good one saved me, for this I am grateful. We all have our visions, whatever they might me. I can only tell what I have seen and experienced in my lifetime. I'm sure others have stories as well. We all believe what we know to be true to us, even if it sounds crazy to others. I'm brave enough to tell.
Thank you for sharing your story. I also believe that evil walks the face of this earth. I had a personal experience in my 30s and I KNOW their is another realm that we on earth don't see or sometimes some of us do. Their is definitely life after death, the soul does not die, that I am positive of. Death is just part of our journey but certainly not the end of our existence.

It's amazing how many people see loved ones who have passed into heaven when the bible itself tell us there is NO heaven and more importantly that no one has an immortal soul. It's amazing how those telegraphed rumors become fact after being told enough.

Here's a good read from a well known Bible Education site....it's something Christians should be aware of but obviously aren't.

http://www.bibleed.com/bibleteachings/aboutman/goingtoheaven.asp
I don't know what your reading....

http://www.openbible.info/topics/death_and_dying

And this to me sums up our existence and what is important in life....

1 John 4:16-21

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. ...

Having a near death experience helped me to be more comfortable with the time when death will come like a friend.

THe experience happened 3 months to the day after my brother was killed in a car accident at the age of 36.

I stepped on a yellow jacket in our back yard and in about 5 minutes I had no control over any part of my body and was having difficulty getting any oxygen. It was like my body was frozen. (anaphaelectic shock)

If my husband hadn't been home I would have died, but he was able to get me to the hospital in a few minutes.

He said my eyes were rolled back and fluid was rolling out of my mouth, and I could not control my bowels and kidneys.

WHile everyone would have thought I knew nothing about what was happening, it wasn't so.

I knew what was happening and what was being said and done,and what my body was doing but I just couldn't react to it.

I heard the doctors and nurses discussing everything.

I was content with dying but I knew it would be too much for my Mum and Dad after losing my brother.

Inside of me I was saying "don't let me go, it will kill Mum and Dad" but I was kind of looking forward to dying. I felt very close to being with my brother and in the distance it seemed to be very white and a bit foggy looking, but inviting.

I am a believer but only pray "thy will be done" because it seems that is what it will always be.

I have been with four family members at the time of their death, since my experience. I talk to them right up to the end because I know you can hear even when it looks like you can not.

My anaphaelectic shock reaction happened August 23rd,1985.

Latest posts

Back