Foot Sore

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Little Blessing

Reaction score
default_gaah.gif
:gaah
default_gaah.gif

My little munchkin just got her tootsies trimmed on Monday and has been a little sore since. I know it is her feet because on the unpaved drive way she is a little tender, but in the grass and soft footing of the arenas she is fine. We asked the vet today what we can do for her, but haven't heard back yet. Obviously no bute. She's fine attitude wise and you would have no idea she was a little funky on grass, but what can we do to make her a little more comfortable for the next few days until her feet work themselves out again?

WHOA! Not that this situation calls for it, but this gremlin is so funny:
default_pantiesbig.gif

I went through this earlier this year myself. Time will heal it, but in the meanwhile, you can put a little iodine on the sole of the hoof. It tends to toughen it up and make them less tender quickly.

I've been told that WD-40 works.

Barbie

http://durasole.com/

I haven't tried this product, but I have heard it works well for sore feet.

I also read that giving remission can help with the feet too.

best wishes.
saludando.gif

Hoof Freeze and Venice Turpentine would be my choice for sore feet which you can google. You could also soak in iodine.

Hoof Freeze and Venice Turpentine would be my choice for sore feet which you can google. You could also soak in iodine.
Venice turpentine.Most tack shops have it.Just paint the bottom of the hoof including the sole with an old tooth brush or paint brush.Helps almost instantly.Keeps forever.Good luck

If it is an ongoing issue with trims, this looks like an excellant product to distribute the weight and protect the sole.

My link

and this can be used in conjunction if you are worried about thrush

My link

Latest posts

Back