Foot pain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovable minis

Reaction score
default_crybaby.gif
: OUCH...OUCH...OUCH
default_crybaby.gif
:

I have been going to the doc's to help with this pain but once the cortazone shot wears off the pain comes back. Any one know anything about this? I was told yesterday to stay off my feet and that if the shots don't work I may need a brace of some sort.

Never went to the Dr., but knew what it was when it started happening to me. After so many years of standing on concrete and ground, it may happen to anyone. Here are the two exercises that will or did help me. Stand on the balls of your feet several times a day. While sitting or laying down, pull your toes as far as you can toward your shin. Don't use your hand, just flex your feet in that manner. It may hurt like he11 when you do it, but will eventually help relieve the pain. I had it for about two to three years in the right foot only, then I got that all cleared up, and then it started in the left foot. Fortunately when it started in that foot, I knew more how to deal with it, and it didn't last but six months or so. It is sure painful to get out of bed and take that first step and when sitting it is terribly hard to get up and take those first few steps. I understand it is either ligaments that are stretched, or not stretched enough, never could get it straight, but anyway, the exercises do help a lot. It is an ailment many teachers get. Hope this helps you.

no clue on the pain but we can find a big axe and fix it? :bgrin
default_wacko.png
:

hope you find out what is wrong and get it fixed soon, having pains like that is a pain in the "donkey"

Jesper

I have Plantar Faciaitis (not sure of spelling) but when it hurts WOW! I got a brace last time I had trouble a few years ago, had to wear it at night for a few weeks and haven't had trouble since. It isn't so bad. I was also told to stand on a step and lower my heels slowly down, then back up several times and do this 3 times a day. DO NOT bounce!

I have all sorts of knee and foot injuries from all the years of training horses. Sometimes I get bouts of severe Plantar Fasciitis and the best thing I can recommend and that my orthopedic surgeon recommends is doing these stretching exercises. I do it upon waking up and whenever I think about it. It really works. Make sure you feel the stretching in the back of your calf. It takes a few weeks but you will feel better.

Plantar Fasciitis

cons1_123_144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. I will try the stretching exercises. I am willing to do anything.

Find yourself an orthopedist that offers ORTHOTRIPSY. It's like a lithotripsy for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. Non-invasive, no-incision, and you go home walking that same day.

Well, I used to have plantar fasciitis in my right foot...until broke my ankle and heel and everything was in pieces. I'd much rather have the pain from plantar fasciitis than what I have now!! I've been an ER nurse for years, 12-hr shifts on hard floors and many of our nurses have plantar fasciitis. The exercises others have described are good. What really worked for us(and even for me with my bum leg) are Z-coil shoes. They're expensive but worth every penny!! At least 1/2 of the nurses/techs/ and docs wear them and swear by them(the other 1/2 won't wear them because "they look funny"). Good luck!!

Can someone describe where in the foot this is? For over a year now, I've had pain in my right foot under the big toe. Neverr any swelling or bruising. I went to the doctor many times, had xrays and he never found anything. Even laying in bed at night there will be throbbing pain, I can't wear heels anymore to work. Just wondering if this could be the same thing?
default_wacko.png
:

For a number of years I have had what I think is Plantar Fasciitis

When I get up in the mornings or during the night if I get up it really hurt in my heels to walk at first. After a few steps the pain goes away. Even during the day sometimes it can happen to me if I have been taking a nap or just laying down watching TV.

It kind of comes and goes, for a long time I didn’t have it happen then all of a sudden after a few months it comes back. As a matter of fact I have been bothered with it for this last week.

My pain is at my heel and also the arch of my foot but only on the inside of my foot. Spur's will show up on an xray, mine did. At the very worst I could barly 'walk' when first getting up and I would walk on my toes. I then started doing some stretching exercises before getting up and pain has eased mornings. I still have pain but nothing near as it was and can walk fine first thing in the morning. Hope this helps. I never had pain near my toes.

My pain is at my heel and also the arch of my foot but only on the inside of my foot. Spur's will show up on an xray, mine did. At the very worst I could barly 'walk' when first getting up and I would walk on my toes. I then started doing some stretching exercises before getting up and pain has eased mornings. I still have pain but nothing near as it was and can walk fine first thing in the morning. Hope this helps. I never had pain near my toes.
I have the same thing. Your description is very much like the pain I had in both feet. I finally gave in and went to a doctor last year. I have plantar fasciitis. It is very painful. At first, he wrapped my feet and I wore the wraps. Then, I bought $300 inserts for my feet and do the exercises. It has worked and I am so

grateful. The pain was the worst first thing in the mornings.

Freida

Latest posts

Back