Foaling Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Feb 26, 1:00 p.m.

OMHCI will have a 30 minute or less business meeting followed by a foaling clinic at REFLECTIONS, Oklahoma City.

Anyone is invited and need not be a member of the Oklahoma Club. RSVP to Charlotte Lupton before noon Thursday Feb 24. REFLECTIONS

clinic outline:

Miniature Horse Foaling

clinic outline

*View and discuss foaling video…

*View and discuss camera systems..in house..then in barn..

*View and discuss foal alert systems….in house…then barn..

*View and discuss foaling supplies…..barn

*Care & Feeding the pre and postpartum mare..barn

*Preparation of mare for foaling …barn

*Signs of impending foaling…barn

*Hands on bag checking…barn

*Hands on weight exam…barn

*Early care of the neonatal foal….barn

VETERINARY ASSISTANCE…when to call for.

List of resource materials including web sites and sources for equipment

Hand outs including but not limited to:

POST DELIVERY TIMELINE

POST DELIVERY CHECK LIST

PREVENTING INFECTIONS IN THE NEONATE

FEEDING THE SPECIAL NEEDS FOAL

Hi Charlotte, I will definately be there - looks like I may have 3 mares in foal this year and it is time for a refresher course, see you there.

I think having a foaling clinic at a farm in a 'hands on' approach is a wonderful idea! I'll be there if I'm not mare watching.
default_smile.png

Oh how I wish....I will be with you in spirit :O)

I know it will be wonderful... looks like a great outline~ lots of very important topics to be covered!

Gee, WISH I could be there. Why do I live so far away from everyone? Oh yea, I don't want to live in a city.
default_wacko.png
But Songcatcher you could come to visit
default_smile.png
)) I would love to meet you. I have a mare you used to own and would like to put a face with the name.
default_saludando.gif

Freeland, I think you need to come! It's not that far!
default_smile.png

If Starlight would get a move on it (331 days today) we could move the clinic to my farm for a hands on foaling!
default_yes.gif

We are filling fast. Please, if you are thinking of coming just get your name on our list before we run out of room.

thank you,

Charlotte

P.S. If you have a miniature horse mare on line with Marestare and she is not expected to foal before Saturday, Feb 26 I would like to add your cam's URL to my hand outs. If you want your cam available to our clinic attendees please email me at Email me with your URL by Thursday morning. thank you

Latest posts

Back