Foalbuzzer Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a foalbuzzer for my rescue mare that we don't have a due date on! My question is this....how the heck can a buzzer go off right behind the mares ears and not totally freak her out????? Is it a continuous buzz? Does it shut off when the mare gets up or do you have to go out everytime she decided to lay flat for a minute while sleeping and shut it off? Could it be placed in a different spot, say under her chin, wouldn't that produce the same postion?

Thanks a bunch!
default_smile.png

~Tammy

Most but not all mares do not lay flat out, only when foaling.

When they put their head back up it stops, sometimes when they shake their head it can go off.

These are best used with a camera.

No, it bothers us, more than them.
default_wacko.png

Most but not all mares do not lay flat out, only when foaling. When they put their head back up it stops, sometimes when they shake their head it can go off.

These are best used with a camera.

No, it bothers us, more than them.
default_wacko.png
Thank you Reble! I do have a camera so guess I should be all set! My camera has terrible sound on it so have to mute the TV but will get a baby monitor in there today.

Thanks for your response!

~Tammy

We use Breeder Alert along with a camera system.

When the mare lies down in the foaling position (and our lie down frequently that way in order to sleep) our beeper in the house goes off, but there is no noise made by the transmitter under the head of the mare. The repeater box in the barn makes a very faint clicking sound, but it is hard to hear. The only loud noise is the beeper which is supposed to wake us up. The horses in the barn are not disturbed by the Breeder Alert.

We use Breeder Alert along with a camera system.
When the mare lies down in the foaling position (and our lie down frequently that way in order to sleep) our beeper in the house goes off, but there is no noise made by the transmitter under the head of the mare. The repeater box in the barn makes a very faint clicking sound, but it is hard to hear. The only loud noise is the beeper which is supposed to wake us up. The horses in the barn are not disturbed by the Breeder Alert.
Unfortunately I can't afford that right now!!
default_sad.png
But thanks for the info!!

~Tammy

Thank you Indys Mom for asking this question as I was wondering the very same thing!!!!!
default_saludando.gif

We are using a foal buzzer also. It doesnt actually buzz,but has a continous beep sound, and only if the mares head lays flat, or at an angle. You can see that the mares wonder what the noise is but quickly get used to it.

We are using a foal buzzer also. It doesnt actually buzz,but has a continous beep sound, and only if the mares head lays flat, or at an angle. You can see that the mares wonder what the noise is but quickly get used to it.
Thank you NC for that info, very helpful! I just went and ordered one!! Fingers crossed that it gets here quickly!
default_smile.png

~Tammy

We use a foal buzzer along with our camera with sound

we have had success with it most of the time

we do have 1 mare due in June who

would just lay out flat ignore the bizzer and rather

wait till the battery went dead then

pick up her head

so we had to take it off her

But for 10 other foals so far it has worked very well

We would like one day to get one of the more expensive systems

but for the past 4 years they have served us well

Lori

We use a foal buzzer along with our camera with soundwe have had success with it most of the time

we do have 1 mare due in June who

would just lay out flat ignore the bizzer and rather

wait till the battery went dead then

pick up her head

so we had to take it off her

But for 10 other foals so far it has worked very well

We would like one day to get one of the more expensive systems

but for the past 4 years they have served us well

Lori
Thank you Lori for the info AND the hilarious story!!! LOL!!! She must be quite the character!
default_wub.png

~Tammy

Latest posts

Back