Foal watch tonight.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylight_minis

Reaction score
Just checked on Lady she's due next Saturday but i believe she's going to have it tonight! Last night she was just eatting her hay but tonight she's a little off. She goes from one spot to the other and just stands for a while. She has rolled prehaps to get the foal in position. I looked at the inside of her vulva and its bright red. She's soft and every thing even soft poops. She doesnt have a completely full bag but thats normal for her the fluid is real sticky. I may be posting pics of a baby on Easter morning. Hoping for a girl!! Most likely colors will be silver dapple or palomino could also be black, bay, or silver bay. Pinto is 50/50 she had a pinto last year with this cross so i'm going to say it will be solid with a star and snip.
default_rolleyes.gif

*Update*

12:20 am we have a .... Filly!!!
default_biggrin.png
This one is definatly a palomino! And my prediction was..... No spots.... I was right....
default_no.gif
No spots... Got a solid colored girl. She might have a small snip but she's such a light color still hard to tell. .. It a GIRL!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_birthday.gif
Any color is a good color for a filly...
default_thumbup.gif

Oh and her name is Skylight's Lisa Jolene....

jolene2.jpg

jolene1.jpg

ladyandjoelene.jpg

Jolene019.jpg

Jolene031.jpg

Jolene008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!! The Easter Bunny was *very* good to you this year!!
default_wub.png

Thank you.. I'm very happy with this little girl. This will probably be the last foal that Lady has for me so its such a great way to end it. My stallion is 32 but doesnt size reduce at all. Lady crosses better with stallions that are under 30 inches she just throws big babies so really needs to be bred to a smaller stallion. Bree and Glory are 36.5 and 34.75 their sire was 28. As much as i love Lady I've decided to stick with the smaller mares. Thats what breeding is about though always changing and making breeding programs better.
default_smile.png
Both Foals from Mother and daughter are just awesome. Mr. Prince and Mrs. Jolene...
default_smile.png
6 days apart has been a great week.

Next foal is due April 28th. Mares have all gone early so far so maybe this one will be early too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me by 3 1/2 hours! Glad things went well for you and that we both got our Easter babies. This sounds funny but while I was staring, staring, and anxiously awaiting I found comfort in knowing that someone else was toughing it out and it gave me courage. Anyway congratulations. Pretty baby, pretty name, and pretty mare.

You also beat me coming up with a name and getting pictures posted. I am working on both still.
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on your Easter delivery!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Make sure you check her belly for a belly spot before you rule out the Pinto!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on your new little girl.
default_wub.png
What a nice Easter gift, lots better then chocolate candy.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back