foal has blood in manure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solupe

Reaction score
This little foal lives in Europe and the vet has no clue to what it is and is still trying to figure it out..........she has blood in her poo poo....

Does anyone have any experience of what it might/could be? Any hints are greatly appreciated.

What does the vet need to look at? Ulcers? Worms?

Red blood?

If so it is not from the stomach it would be black blood then, red blood means it´s not to far from the rectum.

Worms is a possebility, also a broke blood vessel.

What did you wormed last with?

How old is the foal and how much blood?? Most obvious is this is a foal coming up to or just weaned who needs a bit of oil in her food to help the poo soften and pass more easily- the blood vessels in the rectum break easily- my bitch bleeds a tiny tiny bit if she has to strain, and I do not worry. If she bled when ever she crapped I would worry- so, more info, please
smile.gif

ok, I got more info from the owner, she is a first time owner and recently acquired 2 minis. The poo is black and is stuck like tar to her legs. I told her to check for ulcers and the vet is prescribing gastroguard..so I think they got it right...

Thanks for the input

Latest posts

Back