foal colour help please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on my filly's colour?

GEDC3154.jpg

bluestripe.jpg

Sire and dam
P1010043-1.jpg

Her full brother is the silver in my avatar.

Any help appreciated!

I can't help with the colour sorry but she sure is gorgeous. Congrats
aktion033.gif

Silver Black- possibly Appy....the tail colour is not typical of Silver but it may be Appy messing with it, although different pictures in a different light may make all clear
default_yes.gif

She looks like she will be really dark.. I'm going with Silver Black.. What a cutie, I love silvers..
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! I love the way the coats change and the contrast with those pale manes.
default_wub.png
The darker the body the better for me! x

She certainly is gorgeous.
default_wub.png

I'm useless about colours but interested to see the barring mark on her withers and also the eel marking across her hind end and down into her tail - or will these fade to nothing as she grows and her true coat/colour comes through. With her gorgeous Momma and her own beautiful silver eyelashes, she will have to be silver 'something'!

Anna

Oh, in case it's of interest, here is a SILVER buckskin mare I own, as a baby and adult. Whatta change:

Maddie%20002%20070208.jpg

Baby%20Maddie%202%20400.jpg

With the shoulder barring and the dorsal stripe I would have said she might darken out to a grulla maybe if she holds those markings or the silver black if she doesn't. I don't like to make foal color predictions because you never know what your gonna get!

I see some babies born with stripes and barring and then somehow turn just black. I had that with Quarter horses. Would be born looking grulla and turn out black. I'm guessing grulla or maybe will grow into silver black.

Hi all, thanks for the interest.

I was going to give up all my minis but I have to admit I've changed my mind and this little one has done it for me. So I am going to keep this filly and her brother (he's being gelded today, he's out for a bit of handling work so things are easier on me) and just sell mum and dad (mods this isn't meant to be an advert btw!).

I don't have time for all the work that breeding involves or for four horses but I can manage a gelding and mare. Then in a few years I'm planning on getting a larger ride/drive for me and the long suffering husband. But it is going to have to be silver!
default_laugh.png

Sorry I have rambled on and gone off topic. But thanks for the help, I will keep you all posted on how she turns out!

A much happier Maria
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back