Flu shots....are you getting one this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darrin and I both have to get them because he is high risk. Last year, even with a note from his doctor, I couldn't get one, and I was so sick. We are getting ours this weekend, hopefully. I'm also due for my tetanus booster; hoping I can get them both done at once.

Part of the problem is at my office. I don't often have to go in there fortunately. But the people seem to think it's some sort of badge of honor, or the world will fall apart without them, and they go to work sick. They don't understand why I freak out, even knowing Darrin is on a transplant list. I tell them, "If you get me sick, and I get my husband sick, he could actually miss out on a kidney." They don't care. This year one of the legal secretaries is getting treatment for breast cancer, and she sent out an email to everyone asking them to please stay away from her if they are sick. Not two days later, someone is hacking and coughing just a few feet from her desk. Infuriating.

I'll be getting mine and so will the others in my household. My daughter still living at home is in college and also works at a day care. With no immune system from the anti rejestion drugs, I just can't take the chance.

I wish I could
wacko.gif
I have Lyme and its lowered my immune system enough that I will easily catch things so even a vaccine could trigger the Flu.

Marty said:
Nope never got one and don't want one, and don't believe in getting them.
Have no reason, just I guess will get sick once a year like always around Thanksgiving and suffer for a week. 
rolleyes.gif

483705[/snapback]

Pretty much the same thing here. I hate needles, so an unnecessary shot is skipped here. I also don't work with the public anymore (used to work at a bank) and live way out in the country, so don't see much need. I get to town about every other week.

I don't know if I'm gonna get one or not. I will ask my doc and do what he says. With this nasty fibro I have, I get a "mini-flu" almost every other month that knoks me down for a few days. It's getting pretty old.
no.gif
I don't know if that makes me more susceptable(sp?) to getting the real flu or not.

nope -- never have had the flu - never had a shot for it either.

I do get bronchitis every once in a while -- and upper respiratory infections -- but when I visit the dr about them - they are NOT the flu

so -- no shots

HOWEVER --- when that bird flu thing gets going -- if I am allowed to have the shot I will get it that time. That sounds like it will be a pretty nasty thing...

JJ

Nope, definatly not. I have officially not had a shot since I was going into pre school and will keep it that way. I havent had anything more then a small cold in the past 4 years either - I think if you eat right and get organic food not pumped full of snot and feed your body what its meant to have, suppliment with a few vitemins then you can fight off pretty much everything just fine.
HOw old are you? I only ask this cause wait till you get to be a senior...........and you have to get I think its 2 shots. They hurt like He** and leave your arm useless the rest of the day. Just so you know what you have ahead of you
biggrin.gif

Senior in high school. I do believe you have to have the Hepatits(cant spell that) B shot. I dont think that is a option, either in school or at the docs. I know if you go onto college alot of them make you have certian shots as well.

Just got my flu shot today. I work with Special Ed children as a teacher aide and I'm also on medication that can lower my immune system. I get the shot every year. I've had the pneumonia shot too a few years back because I've had pneumonia too.

[SIZE=14pt]I never had a flu shot but I may get one this year. I have been sick as a dog for a couple of weeks now with some flu like thing. My husband had to go to the hospital a couple weeks ago for a flu like thing and our 12 year old was out of school for a week with it. I feel totaly exsused, had fever of 102 for a week, 103 one day, have trouble breathing and my tonciles are covered with white spots but I have no soar throat.[/SIZE]

Jo~ Get to a doctor ASAP... You might have pneumonia! When I had that I felt the same way you did, caughing, couldn't take a deep breath without caughing and a high fever of 103. Are you caughing up phlem too? Please see your doctor..

Take care!

I have been getting them for years and have hardly ever had the flu, and if I did get it, it did not last but a day. AND NOW I have to have it as I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. And have taken meds that shut down the immune system, although I am not on meds right now, Having RA I am susceptible to getting the flu, also pneumonia, so I may also get that vaccine also~!

Back