Fishy Email?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
I posted a grade mini foal for sale on the US breeders page here, and recieved this email.

Does anyone know this guy(the name on the email is Jerry Scoot)? It seems like one of those that you hear about where these people are extorting or laundering or whatever you call it, money where you get a hefty fake sum in your account. IF I'm wrong please let me know!

Hello,I saw your post over the web and am very interested in buying it. So please email me

back with this details concerning Detail

(1)I will also need to see some recent pictures and what is your last offer?

(2)I will like to know more on the present condition?

(3)Full Address also.

(4)Do you Bank transfer as method

of payment?'' Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Jerry

Any time they refer to your horse as "it" and don't ask questions about health and temperament I take it as a red flag. This is a textbook scammer! I wouldn't want to sell to a person that didn't want to know more about the horse first anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
His real name: Lou Zer!!
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Any time they refer to your horse as "it" and don't ask questions about health and temperament I take it as a red flag. This is a textbook scammer! I wouldn't want to sell to a person that didn't want to know more about the horse first anyway.
DITTO...
default_yes.gif
:

I would e-mail them back and vaguely answer the questions. We've had a few scammers e-mail us. I like to "play along" for a while....it's a good laugh to see the crazy stuff they write..

Don't forget that by answering them at all, you are alerting them to the fact that you are, indeed, a real address & real person. They can pass that info along to their buddies. A Microsoft certified systems engineer who I know, says NEVER answer scam (scum) mail, no matter how mad you are.

Latest posts

Back