First time clipper advise?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schutzandwhinnies

Reaction score
Hi all :bgrin , We have never used the clippers before on our mini. Is there a clipper class? Book you recomend? Do we hire and watch and then do our best??? What are the best clippers to get? What is necessary to get and not in the form of clippers and grooming tools. We have the normal grooming tools, but she is due in April to foal and all of the reading I have been doing and advise we have been recieving says to shave the areas where the foal will be nursing and nuzzling, so we will need to get some clippers. She is very used to being clipped. She is from show/breeding/driving homes. (we're the gomers that don't know how to do it yet
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) She stayed at her foaling home for a couple yrs, driving hm a couple yrs, breeding hm for a couple yrs, and now is with us. I have been looking at the clippers online and at the stores and they are spendy, so I want to make sure when I spend the money it will be a good first purchase. Thanks for any input. Amy

I dont know how much you want to spend on a clippers, but Double K's($300-400.00) cant be beat, IMO. If your not clipping for the showring, a standard #10 blade does the trick. Another clippers which wprks good is the KM2, I got mine at Fleet Farm for right around $125.00. I also have a clipmaster, which works very good. (around $225.00) out of all..LOVE the Dbl. K's. Just remember , your going to get what you pay. Also, if you dont have ALOT of clipping to do...a Stable Pro works Good. (around $80.00) I would stay away from the cordless one. There good for touch-ups but that is about it. We do shave the areas where the foals will nurse, keeps the foals from getting hair in there mouths, and digesting it. Corinne

Latest posts

Back