First Snowfall Of The Season Here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Well we finally had some snow fall here last night. I dug around for batteries for my digital camera, and the ones I found had just enough 'juice' to take a few pictures of the horses and my barn which I never properly showed anyone before. I do need to get fresh shavings in the stalls though
default_yes.gif

Here they are:

Honey coming over to say hello:

newpics003.jpg

Buddy on the other side of the fence looking over:

newpics004.jpg

Buddy wanted a closeup:

newpics006.jpg

The two together:

newpics008.jpg

Ice free water trough:

(yes--proper heater--plugged into proper GFI outlet AND grounded)

newpics002.jpg

Neighbor's Cows and goat wondering what I was up to:

newpics005.jpg

Buddy's stall--(view from the outside):

newpics001.jpg

Honey's stall--(view from outside--excuse the frozen poop):

newpics007.jpg

View from the inside--barn aisle:

newpics009.jpg

View of Buddy's stall from inside the barn:

newpics010.jpg

That's it for now. My camera batteries were too low to take anymore pictures.
default_saludando.gif

ahhhh what a nice setup you have there
default_biggrin.png
They look like very happy horsie's!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

ahhhh what a nice setup you have there
default_biggrin.png
They look like very happy horsie's!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Yes they are pretty darn happy horses---maybe a little cheeky at times,,lol. I want them to go in their shelters when it snows, but they'd rather stay out in it
default_rolleyes.gif
. My barn isn't quite finished yet, but it's come a long ways since we cleaned it out and the stalls were built. The hay area was already there, so i just took a skillsaw and "cut" myself out a door so I could access that part easy from the barn aisle
default_biggrin.png

Oh yeah--Honey's stall is twice as a big as the picture. My camera batteries were pretty much dead when I went to photograph the other side of it. It's slightly overkill on size, but she likes a roomy area.

default_saludando.gif

The snow fall looks so pretty. And happy horses too
default_biggrin.png

Love your barn, very 'rustic'.

Very picturesque! Hope we get some snow, soon, too.

Thank you for sharing.

Liz

Wow Koot, great pictures. I would pick #1 and #4 for the perfect Christmas card. That barn is a work of art. Thanks for the grand tour. I'm sure your guys will find it very nice and cozy this winter!

Wow Koot, great pictures. I would pick #1 and #4 for the perfect Christmas card. That barn is a work of art. Thanks for the grand tour. I'm sure your guys will find it very nice and cozy this winter!

You know Marty, I looked at the side of that big barn and thought of you. I'm planning on putting up a HUGE wreath there
default_biggrin.png
. I even have a tall enough ladder. I'll post pics when it's up. The barn with the stalls is getting one also
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back