First Mini Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMiniGal

Reaction score
Well, actually, it is a Pinto show, but this morning, I am going to my first one, to watch and meet local Mini owners. I am so excited! Going to be so much fun. Going to layer, as I've been told the arena's are cold! LOL So bringing out some winter wear, that I haven't wore for about a month. Taking my camera and hoping to get a lot of pictures.

Lucky you!!!
default_smile.png
I hope you have fun!

Lucky you our weather is so yucky that no one around here even thinks of scheduling anything until late May. Enjoy for us all!

Wow, it was neat to watch, but boy was it cold! I layered, lots of layers and was still cold. But we stayed for almost all of it. It just got too cold, and I needed to go spend time with my Mom. The turn out wasn't what they had hoped. I think there were only 7 carts, but it was enough to see what and how things were done. One decided to lay down and try to roll with the cart, while showing. That was a bit scary. The driver got out fast. Was a young teenager. They got him up and he tried again, but after getting him to stop that time, he was fine. Then another lady, her horse started kicking out and trying to rear, during a show/class. She was disqualified, and after the class was over, and they were trying to get all the carts out of the arena, the mini started acting up again, with kicking out and tossing of the head and around and around it went. A man, one of the judges, I think had to walk up and take that mini by the halter so they could get the cart and tack off of it. The driver told me, that horse has driven for 10 years, but was very sensitive to the cold and she had clipped her, thinking it was going to be warmer, as we have had some really mild mornings this past week. Not today though. Just shows you really don't know what a horse may do, no matter how long that have been doing something. Then we watch the jumping. There were a few good jumps and many refusals. The one that got me, was it was a man and his mini's first time, and the mini jumped sideways, with one jump and knocked into the guy. I told my husband, if that had been me, I bet I would of face planted in the dirt. All in all it was a neat, but cold time. Some beautiful mini's out there too.

Glad those aren't the normal, that goes on. Made me a bit worried. LOL

They're right that the cold weather can make horses "act up". It would be like Mom turning you outside with no coat and saying see ya later. You'd be upset as they are. They want to run and get their blood pumping and get themselves warm. Nothing to worry over really. If you know about, it then you work the horse before going into the arena or before putting them in the cart so that they can get warm and get rid of their pent up frustration.

Latest posts

Back