First foals by Sharp Dressed Man- 2 in one night !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane=P

Reaction score
Well we had very busy night last night, I knew the mares were real close, but I had to go to work, I was able to stay home till Bruce got home, then went to work, Talked to Bruce about 9pm, he said mares had been up and down and was watching them on TV and had beepers on, He called me at work at 10pm and said Keepies down and its a redbag, and he wasn't sure what to do, he knew he had to get it out, I told him to rip the red bag and find the foal and pull out, he dropped phone and I hear him coaching the mare to push, he got the foal out and he picked up phone and said, its OUT, its BREATHING and its a BEAUTIFUL WILD BLACK/WHITE ,and had him to under the tail check and he said its a colt. While I cant leave work to 11pm, I get home at 11;15 and hes up, nursed, pooped and Bruce had cleaned stall and did everything that needed to be done, I am so proud of Bruce, he handled it like a pro, he has had foals before ,even had to fix a leg once , but never seen a red bag,but had heard me talk about it , and kept calm and did what had to be done.

SO HERE IS HAWK HOLLOWS DRESSED FOR SUCCESS

colt

colt

THEN WE GO IN HOUSE AT MIDNIGHT AND PUT ON TV TO WATCH THE FOAL AND FIESTA AND 12:30AM SHE GOES DOWN, I GO OUT AND HAD TO HELP PULL, BUT HAD BEAUTIFUL CHESTNUT FILLY !!, SHE WAS UP, NURSED, POOPED BY 2AM I WAS BACK IN BED

SO HERE IS HAWK HOLLOWS DRESSED TO KILL- DAM IS FANCY LAREDOS FIESTA

filly

filly

I am so thrilled with the foals I got from Cross Country Sharp Dressed Man- He gave us real nice foal with LOTS of color to boot. I am going to sleep , next one due is Brit in June- so I get a break .....JANE

Both are pretty foals but I like Dressed for Success the best. Congrats!

[SIZE=14pt]Beautiful babies Jane, and Bruce gets an award of some kind! Bake him something special for that. My husband would have freaked and not known what to do even if I was on the phone with him![/SIZE]

Lyn

Way to go Bruce! :aktion033: :aktion033: That's the way to do it....2 in one night. Much less sleep loss! Such nice foals too.
default_wub.png
:

Congrats! They are both gorgeous! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: What an exciting night! Tell hubby he did good! Also your mares!
default_wink.png
:

Sheri

Jane, tell Bruce he's now the official mini deliverer for Red Bags!!! He did great and tell him congratulations to get that handsome guy on the ground alive and well. The filly is adorable also so a great night for sure.

Will we see the colt in the show ring this summer? You know me and colts, I love'em.

Joyce

:aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

You sure had a great night! Congratulations on both of them!

MA

Congrats!!!!! Mr Man sure did good for u!!!! Glad u have some adorable half siblings to my mare Windy, a Sharp Dressed Man daughter.

Thanks Everyone, I really love these foal, I cant believe the color Topper has produced for us.

I already told Bruce, I am taking him for dinner tonight, Where ever he wants, His choice !! and he went into work late this morning , and told everyone he was late,because he was up late last night foaling horses for me, and I stopped at work and dropped off pictures for him to show off his foals , and told him to give the colt his barn name ,since he saved him.

I know I lucky, most husband dont want any part of foaling, but he right there with me and I know he can handle anything that happens, and he does puppies too !!

here are some outside pic's ....JANE

HAWK HOLLOWS DRESSED FOR SUCCESS

COLT

COLT

AND HERE IS THE FILLY, I am thinking of calling her barn name Penny, she is copper colored and her grandsire is Laredos Half Penny- HAWK HOLLOWS DRESSED TO KILL

PENNY

PENNY

Congratulations on your new Pintos! They are both adorable and I love the legs on the filly. Great job Bruce!!!!

Mary

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Jane!!!!!!

Their beautiful!!!!
default_wub.png
: I just love pinto's!!!! I've been checking your website often to see if these little ones had been born!

Tell Bruce Congratulations on a job well done!!!!

Latest posts

Back