First foal of the year for CHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryHaven

Reaction score
It's a FILLY!

My beloved old 21 year old, Misty had her filly last night at 11 pm. I was taking a nap while Bob watched the monitors and he came in to wake me up at about 10:30 because he had to go to work this morning. He said, keep an eye on Misty on camera 3, she's pacing, kicking, and biting. I kind of nodded and got up thinking, okay, sounds good, but she's pretty famous for false alarms too. Got into the living room and sat down on the couch to watch, Misty turned a few circles, laid down and started to push. I popped up and yelled, Bob, baby, baby, baby! and ran for the barn. Bob passed me somewhere halfway, and beat me to the barn...

The baby beat us both. Misty just spit that little girl right out. The bag was broke and all was well, and we have a beautiful little solid black filly.

I think she's solid black. I'll get some pics later on when I take them out for a bit when it warms up. Mom is a silver dapple, dad is a dark bay pinto. The filly's mane and tale are solid black, her body looks black, but has kind of a smokey, almost silvery look at times. It could just be the lighting, or maybe the smokey way blacks look when they're first born... or she could be a dark silver. Her mane and tale are so black though that I'm kind of doubting anything silver.

[SIZE=18pt]Congratulations Tami~ Now when you get pics of her could you stand Sparky in the backround just so we get a peek??[/SIZE]

Lyn

:aktion033: congrats! she sounds like a sweet heart cant wait to see photos!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

CONGRATULATIONS! Whatever her color
default_wink.png
: :bgrin --she sounds like a cutie,
default_wub.png
: and cant wait to see pictures of her. Corinne

Finally got a couple of quick shots. Didn't wait until I got her outside.

Sorry Lyn, didn't put Sparky in the stall. I think Misty would have had something evil to say about that. LOL. He's doing great though. I'll snap some shots of him when I get around to clipping him off.

Here's my little girl... no name yet, waiting to make a final determination on color.

standing.jpg

nursing.jpg

Congrats!!!! Sounds like hubby was excited too, lol. She iis very pretty.

CONGRATS!! she is so pretty! mark did a great job for his first foal. only 2 more to go?

hey i forgot to say good luck at the show!!! And we all want pics. Now how are you going to do a show without me to laugh at when I forget to go in the championship class LOL

Thanks everybody. I just think she's the greatest. LOL Watching her tear around the stall on the monitor is hilarious. Better than any programing on TV that's for sure.

Kay, 2 more to go for Mark this year. Then the mare that's bred to Crunch. So I have 3 more to go for the year.

Thanks for the luck for the show this weekend. Not sure we'll get any pics because Mark's other two are set on go as well, and if they don't foal before Saturday Bob will have to just drive me to the show with the horses and come back home and stare at the mares. (Oh, and he's feeling plenty cocky that he 'called it' that Misty was getting ready to foal, so now you know, he's the mare stare expert, lol.)

She's just so adorable, Tami. I have had to look at her pics a few times! LOL Envy over here!

Good luck this weekend!

Fran

Awe, what a pretty baby! Super congrats!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back