First Aid Travel Kit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azure

Reaction score
I'm moving from Florida to Virginia in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to put together a first aid kit to keep in the trailer, just in case. (I like to be prepared!) I've never traveled long distance with any of my minis, so I'm not really sure what to have on hand. I'm relatively new to the forum, but I LOVE it here. You guys are all so informative and helpful. So I just figured I'd ask around to see if anyone had any suggestions as to what I should have with me. Thanks for your time!

This just came up and there was a long thread with information on the forum in the last two weeks. I cannot find it now, but Jill had an awesome list.

Was this link saved anywhere??

Can anyone find it again?

I keep provadone iodine solution, Battery opperated clipers, sutures, wound-kote blue lotion spray wound dressing, gause pads (2x2 and 4x4), gause roll for keeping a side or neck bandage in place, Medical tape, scissers, polo wraps if it is a leg injury to keep the bandage intact. Then I forget it at home. LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
. I put it all including band aids and neosporin for myself into one of those plastic file boxes you can get at wall mart. It is the kind that has a clip on either side like the big storage containers. I always packed it when we went to rabbit shows but have forgotten it every time I have taken the horses somewhere. I am hopeless.

I would probably get the names/addresses of veterinarians, and a few boarding facilities/hospitals just in case to take with you.

There was a very good compilation of things on the thread Joanne mentioned.

Latest posts

Back