Finished a couple quilt tops

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
A Walk in the Park

IMG_1205.jpg

Close up of fabrics

IMG_1206.jpg

Garden quilt. It has over 65 different fabrics in it.

I finished this one today--it's been a good distraction from saying good bye to Suzy.

IMG_1458.jpg

Close ups.

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

The back looks kind of neat, too.

IMG_1463.jpg

Still pondering whether to add a border to this one... would need to find the perfect fabric.

Karla

Ad usual your sense of design is wonderful. I really love the second one it looks like one of your gardens.

Great Job

Nita

I have been following your work for years and didnt think it could get any better but you've really out did yourself this time! They are gorgeous.
default_yes.gif

They are both wonderful! Your quilts are always a joy to see....thanks for sharing.

Hey Girl, you are exhausting me!! Between those beautiful quilts, your farm visits with the Seniors, your beautiful landscape and your animals...how the heck do you do it?? What the heck do you put in the water up there in New York!! Your quilts are beautiful. Do you give them as gifts for family.Have you ever entered them in fairs? Im glad you showed us a close up of the 2nd one...thats my favorite!! Heidi

Wow very nice hand work Karla. Do you put your pieces in the local fair or anything. They are beautiful and have great detail!

Wow, they are beautiful! They for sure, just get better.

On the 2nd one, I say no border. With out it, it just looks like it could go on forever, endless. But just an opinion.

Very nice!

Wow! They are both really nice but I love the second one. The flowers are so pretty and the pattern really shows them off! Great job Karla.
default_biggrin.png

Very beautiful Karla!!
default_saludando.gif
Love them both but that second one really catches my eyes.

Thank you for your warm replies.
default_smile.png

the second one it looks like one of your gardens.
Thanks, Nita--that's exactly what I wanted it to feel like. I laid these squares out so many ways, but wanted the "walk through the garden" feel. It's nice that it looks like a flower from a distance too.

I have been following your work for years
Really?? Thanks.
default_smile.png

Hey Girl, you are exhausting me!!.... What the heck do you put in the water up there in New York!!.... Do you give them as gifts for family.Have you ever entered them in fairs?
default_laugh.png
I am grateful for the energy level my father gave me. And I rarely watch TV--so just think what one could accomplish if they turned the set OFF or better yet, throw it out the window! My family knows that'd be my choice.
default_wink.png
And everything balances. I'm on summer break now--so I go between horses and quilting and kayaking. It's a good life.
default_yes.gif
Once school is adding in, the quilting really slacks off. During mare stare and early foal life--kept me from quilting for 5-6 weeks.

My kids always have first dibs. If they like it--it's theirs. But Justin is a 22 year old auto tech college guy who's usually covered in grease. He doesn't have strong opinions about such things at this time in his life. He has quilts at home and at school already--he thinks that's plenty.
default_laugh.png
But--his girlfriend of 2 years loves the quilts. Once they have been together and it's more serious (they don't talk about their future together yet --they have too much they both want to do), she'll have choices. I've made her two wall hangings and a tree skirt so far. Rachel, at 19, was offered this quilt, but she picked out flannels for a second ragged flannel and she's not willing to trade in on that; she really wants the cuddly factor more now. She has at least four quilts now and many wall hangings. She's in a house now, so they help decorate. Kennedy's mom really wants this quilt... but I don't think she thought I was serious when I gave her an answer to "what would the price be?" I'd much rather pack it away for my kids later than sell it for less than it's worth.

I've never entered them in a fair. Your comments are blue ribbons to me. And the quilting forum went nuts over these (over 50 comments in 2 days).
default_wink.png

On the 2nd one, I say no border. With out it, it just looks like it could go on forever, endless.
Frankie--that's exactly what I want it to say, too. But the border would be more flowers... I'm still thinking on it. But, if I used the one below (I'm headed to a quilt shop soon that has 8000 bolts--so I might find a better one--this one is too light and needs blue) it'd be like finding an enchanted garden amongst a huge field of flowers... all my quilts tell me stories.
default_rolleyes.gif

IMG_1473.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back