Finish Line U-7 gastric aid powder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
Have any of you ever used the Finish Line U-7 gastric aid powder. If so, did it help? One of ours (maybe 2) has developed ulcers from traveling, but the Ulcer-Gard is so expensive. The vet said we needed 16 tubes at $30.00 a tube, just don't have it right now, looking for alternative. She said that a preventive would be just a good, because she didn't believe that the ulcers were real bad at this time. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ranitidine or Cimetidine are cheaper. But, not quite as good.

Generic Omeprazole is available and quite inexpensive at times.

Dr Taylor

Thanks. One of those will be my next try if this doesn't continue to work. But after giving one dose yesterday when I got home of the U-7, she ate all of her pellets last night (first time in 4 1/2 days). The little guy didn't eat his until after the second dose. I put the powder in applesauce, and they took it pretty good for me. I noticed that my filly wasn't grinding her teeth today either, and she acts like she has some spunk now. The little guy is still a little draggy, but eating. I was so happy to see them eat. The filly had gotten to the point that she actually laid on the ground and tried to eat grass like that, it was really pitiful. I wrote the info that you sent down, and I really appreciate it, will keep it on hand for future use if needed. Again, thanks for your reply.

I used powdered U-Guard for one of my horses. It has really helped to improve her appetite since I began using it about 6 months ago.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. So far my little guys have started eating again, hopefully everything will continue on this good. But, will keep this in mind. Do you know if the U-Guard comes in pellet form?

Latest posts

Back