finally

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Hubbie and I have been tossing and turning on our mattress for months now. I bought my entire bedroom set 8 years ago when I got my divorce. Because I had to buy all new everything, I didn't spend the big bucks on a quality mattress and so for the last year or so we have been sliding into this deep depression in the middle of the bed. Well, enough is enough. With all my back and neck problems I've just about had it so, we went mattress shopping. Boy did we have sticker shock. We shopped at several places and picked out the one we wanted last week and went back on Friday evening to order it. To make a long story short, we made the mistake of laying on the "good" bed while the sales guy was writing up our order. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The one that was delivered was not the one we originally wanted. We never should have laid on this darn thing because there was no comparrison. Now, we don't have a bed frame, we have a real bed, with a head board and a foot board and slats. So it is higher than most beds to begin with. The new mattress is a pillow top and it is really, really high. I may need a stop stool just to get in bed now. LOL

But, I am really happy over our choice. No more tossing and turning, or falling in the hole, or sliding into the middle of the bed every night. And with 18 months free financing, well, it makes a great Xmas gift for each other.

So as long as I don't fall out of the darn thing and break something, we should be sleeping soundly this evening. Since we spent so much, I had the guy throw in two free memory foam pillows too. Hey, I have bought cars for less than what I spend for this darn mattress and box springs, the least he could do was give us some pillows. LOL

Shelley

We had the same thing when we got a new mattress, it was soooooo much taller than our old one!! But you do get used to it... The no back pain is all worth it!!

Sleep tight!!

Good for you, rest is important. Hope your sheets will work. When we got our we found the sheets were'nt deep enough, you need the deep corner sheets.

Enjoy!

Maxine

Like maxine said deep pocket sheets and our bed is so tall my poor Corgi cant jump on it anymore, but they are nice, sweet dreams, Kathy

A tip, if you have a pillow top mattress buy your sheets a size bigger. I have a double pillow top mattress and I buy queen fitted sheets to fit it. I don't have to worry about deep pocket sheets. Hope you enjoy your new bed and have no more back aches.

Latest posts

Back