Finally watched a debate last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Which was wonderful--I needed to get a feel for the Republican candidates and what they stand for; I needed to know what the leader of the pack has to say about issues.

Debates always have wasted time in words that don't help, are repeated... but overall, I learned enough to know what's up. I wish I could have head more from other than the two center men.

We don't have a TV now--so I watched it live on the internet.

I've watched all but one debate and thought last night's was exceptional!
default_yes.gif

The moderators did a great job. And I got the impression that whoever wins will put some of the others in powerful positions. I don't know much about politics--but I sensed they all held respect for each other.

We've got a lot of talent in the field and I do hope that there will be powerful positions for the folks on stage. And, man, I'd sure like to see RUBIO as the VP on the ticket. He is such a shining and inspirational star!!!

I have watched several debates - there are good candidates running. I appreciate hearing their perspectives. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but hey, that's politics. The one problem I do have is with Michele Bachman (more specifically her husband) - they have developed a program, hidden behind religious beliefs, to "pray the gay away". They run a camp to help teenagers battle their sexuality in hopes of being "healed" into heterosexuality. I have lost ALL respect for this woman based on this topic. More importantly, she is basing her campaign in Iowa (one of only a few states to allow gay marriage). I don't declare myself to be either Republican or Democrat, but I will say that if she is the option on the Republican ticket, there will be MANY of my friends who vote for a different candidate.

BTW......as a side note (I did research when writing this post) that in the United States that gay marriage is allowed in 5 states and the District of Columbia. In the United States it is legal to marry your FIRST cousin in 26 states. Hmmmm.....

For the most part they are very respectful of one another. Disappointed that Cain left the race. It was great to see someone who wasn't a career politician running!

Not sure yet how I feel about any of the candidates.One thing I am very sure about is that I am sicked and tired of the blame game in Washington.When are these idiots in DC get that they will have to compromise and work together so this great country doesn't go down the tubes.Millions of people here are struggling , losing their homes, no jobs etc and our senators and congressmen act like they are living in a fog.I don't think most of them have a clue how the rest of the people in the US live.While I am on my soapbox I am sick and tired of helping every other country in the world when they are millions in this country who need help daily.

Well we all know that like Jill, I am very conservative. I am not at all excited about what the GOP has to offer but I also feel this country can't handle another O term. Past couple elections for me have felt like 'vote for the lesser evil'.

Well we all know that like Jill, I am very conservative. I am not at all excited about what the GOP has to offer but I also feel this country can't handle another O term. Past couple elections for me have felt like 'vote for the lesser evil'.
I think we need to nominate and write in our own candidate - it couldn't be much worse than any of our options.

Latest posts

Back