FINALLY!!! Our first foal of the season!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
This is the first get of our stallion, W.W.C. Miniature's Destiny's Rambo, a 28.5" blue-eyed tovero/sabino, and our mare, Haligonian Targets One and Only, and we are thrilled to death. He was quite tiny at birth, with 6.5" canon bones and barely 18.5" tall, so he should mature around 28".

He's got his sires blue eyes, and pawprints on the side. He's an adorable little medicine hat. We're thrilled to pieces!

I was laying on the couch for a week, with the TV and barn cam on, and the foal alert pager in my hand. When it went off that particular night I wasn't too concerned. Although I knew my mare was close I'd checked her only four hours earlier and her milk was still a clear liquid. I'd been watching her on the cam for four hours and she didn't display a single sign of labor. Then that alarm went off and I saw her laying on the ground with her legs stiffened and then saw a bubble emerge! I jumped on my scooter and flew to the barn. (It's about 600 to 700 feet from the house), and by the time I got there the foal was completely expelled, but still entirely in the sack. I tore off the sack, cleared his passages and he jumped to his feet. Thank GOD for barn cams and foal alerts!

So here's little Weebiscuit's Rambo's First Strike!

BOOG_STRIKER_LAY.jpg

STRIKE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is absolutely stunning!!! :aktion033: And is that your daughter? The look of pure JOY on her face is priceless!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations!

Liz R.

That's one of my grandchildren. She is three years old and has been on horses since she was 12 months old! She lives right across the pasture, so out of the five grandkids I have (four by another son), she is my little horse person. As soon as she found out that Annie, her favorite of all my minis, had her foal, she called on the phone and begged to come and see him. That pic of her with him was taken when he was about nine hours old.

Oh my, he's just the cutest!

Congratulations on your colorful baby boy! :aktion033:

Sandy, he is just perfect! You HAVE to post all the other photos you have of your grandaughter with this little guy....they are ADORABLE!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

"CONGRATULATIONS!" on a beautiful colt!! He is certainly one handsome little fellow BUT that precious little granddaughter is adorable!! She looks so proud of that new baby!! Looks like the mare is used to having her in by the foal.

Congrats on a wonderful colt and the human baby is just the cutest ever, what a team those 2 will make!!!

AWWWW! They are both as cute as a bug's ear. :aktion033: :new_shocked:

What an absolutely GREAT set of pictures!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your sweet little guy.

MA

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS FOAL.....AND ONE HAPPY, CHARMING LITTLE GIRL!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Looks as though Grandma has an up-and-coming "horse whisperer/listener"! This photo should be submitted to Equisite! Congratulations, Sandy, on a beautiful foal to enjoy....and a sweet granddaughter to help fuss over him.

Thanks for sharing......sure made me smile!
default_yes.gif
:

Sandy, CONGRATULATIONS on a very beautiful colt. I thnk you have the happiest little grandaughter in the world. My 4 yr old grandson is completely in love with my mini foals this year and has claimed my buckskin foal as his. It is so priceless just watching kids and minis ...a perfect combination! Corinne

HOW cute! Neat coloring. Congradulations!

How neat your grandaughter has a love of horses this will be something she will always remember.

[SIZE=18pt]Congratulations! Sandy,[/SIZE]

Our little Rambo done good :aktion033: :aktion033: didn't he!!
default_yes.gif
:

WOW! Looking at First Strike, He's totally awesome! Just imagine how many wonderful foals you will get from Rambo!

Bill

What a darling colt and little girl! That picture should be on a calender, it is just too cute!
default_wub.png
:

What a handsome little boy! I love his color. Congratulations!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back