Finally after three years

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Sounds kinda silly but, no its not a foal but just as exciting for me.

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

We bought a two horse straight load trailer from a friend 3yrs ago. We have used it locally on occasion to get horses moved to and from the stable. Always one pulling the trailer and someone else following behind. Well, in the pooring down rain this morning my wonderful nephew came over and redid the lights from start to finish. All work properly now and are very bright. Yippee! Next he setup the brake controller which got me two new fuses. LOL! Hopped in my truck and made sure it was set just perfect for the trailer brakes to work correctly.

This is an older two horse trailer, fully enclosed with a small ramp which makes it so much easier for the little ones to get in the trailer. It also has a dressing room in the front with built in saddle racks and tack hangers. I told my daughter there is room enough in the tack room that a person could throw down an air mattress and sleep in there if they had to. Their is a roof vent over that area but no windows that open. We can easily haul two of our horses with a couple bales of hay and the carts in the back of the pickup and head for the beach. Of course she will probably ask me to take a sedative just to keep me calm on the trip but what the heck we are now mobile.

This is so wonderful after getting The Duck trained to drive and working with Ariel getting her head back into driving. Of course Jimmy can go also but not with any of the Mares. Woo Hoo!

Congrats!!! We've only had our trailer a month now and I am so, so happy that we're mobile. The opportunities are so much more open now
default_smile.png

My goodness, Marie. When you decide to do something you go whole...uhmm...hog.
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png
default_wink.png

Congrats on the setup. It sounds like you may be on the road a bit more, eh?
default_aktion033.gif

Awesome! Sounds like you are getting all set up and are ready to do some serious driving and playing! YAY!

default_laugh.png
That's funny Nancy. Shame you couldn't have met Shorty I think you would have liked him.

I figured it was pretty silly having that trailer parked out there and having to ask other people to haul the horses.

Now if Vicky and I want to do some driving this next winter and theres no ice or snow we can haul one up to the arena. Or if later in the summer when "It Stops Raining" we can maybe get to the beach and do some driving by the ocean.

Hee hee! If Duckie gives me too much trouble I could always load her up on a weekend when Ron and Dorothy are at a show and surprise them when they got home and found her standing back in her stall with a note tied to her saying "Mom says I need help!"

Oh the joys of plotting evil things one can do.

And the number one reason to own a trailer that works right is for emergency trips to the Vet. Anything can go wrong at any time.

Marie

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats so cool!!! Its nice to have your own reliable stuff!

I'm very excited to have it working right. Now we just have to scrub it real good and I think I'm going to seal up some leaky vents and put a good wax job on it. The tires look like new and I couldn't find any cracks in the sidewalls. Checked them over real good. It has a post in the front with the pass thru gate from horse to horse. That will be a pain for hauling the minis but it is the post that you hang the divider on. It's great for the biggies but not for the minis. I'm trying to figure out how I can set it up to haul two minis comfortably without removing the center post. Since my daughter and her hubby have two biggies.

I will get some pics and maybe you can all give me some idea what I could do.

Marie

Latest posts

Back