FINALLY!!!! Abby had her baby...... and it's a.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
COLT!!! Just as the ring test had predicted for her a filly for Crystal. It was a textbook delivery. I had just got up from my 11:00 pm. to 12 midnight nap and I was online playing a poker tournament of course to keep me awake. I just finished saying to the people at the table that if I left quickly it was because my mare was foaling.... the minute I said that DOWN SHE WENT and I ran to the barn.....

So we have a little colt, bay and white pinto. I have taken some pics and will post after I go back to the barn one more time and ensure the little guy has eaten. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! Not only because of the little guy but for Abby. She seems so very pleased with him :bgrin

SO, when I get back in I will put up pictures of "START ME UP", barn name is Jagger
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Life doesn't get better than this!!!!

Awesome!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations! I can't wait to see him!

Of course the lighting is the pits, but will get some better picks in a few hours and will recharge my camera, stupid me. I took a slew of pictures this past weekend at my grandaughter's ballet performance :bgrin
default_wub.png
: and forgot to recharge the camera!!!

Okay, here is the little guy
default_wub.png
: Just follow the link below

Start Me Up

I have a question.... the baby has nursed a few time and I am watching Abby on the camera still. I am going back out to check the placenta again, but I find Abby is lying down alot, baby is looking to nurse again right now but Abby is lying down again. I don't remember Crystal lying down so much after having her filly. Should I be concerned?

mmm strange I just posted a question and it's not appearing. If it shows up twice, sorry about that.

I have Abby and baby still on the monitor and I am finding that Abby is lying down alot. I am going to go and check the afterbirth again to make sure it totally came out. Is it normal for a mare to lie down alot after foaling, I don't remember Crystal down as much after she gave birth. Do you think I should be concerned at this point? Baby has nurses a couple of times but is looking to nurse again but Abby is still lying down

OHHHHHHHH!!!! My GREAT GRANDSON is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Congratulations on a healthy colt. Jagger and Abby look really good. I'm so excited for you and for Abby. I can't wait to see pictures of him all dy and fluffy.

Abby may be having those darned after contractions. I remember personally they were almost as bad as the contractions during birth. I always keep banamine on hand for my mares, and quite often give them a dose to get them through. I always offer hay to them after they deliver. I did have to call my vet out at 2 am once for a mare who I just couldn't get comfortable after she foaled. He gave her a couple of drugs and within minutes she was up, and no problem after that.

Now you can get some sleep. YEAH!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Hooray Danielle!!!! Get some sleep![/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations on your new colt! Hopefully, by now your mare is feeling better, but I give EVERY mare here Banamine right after foaling.

Abby is doing just fine, I guess I was just be an overly worry wart. Jagger is doing great as well and has already tried to kick me, lol, nothing wrong with that boy. He is nursing well, running around the stall as I watch them on the video monitor. I don't want to interfere too much today so will watch from the AIRCONDITIONED HOUSE. We are having another scorcher and very humid day today, with the humidex we will be close to 100 degrees!!! I have fans in the barn to keep the gang cool. Our temperature is suppose to break by tomorrow to more reasonable temperatures. I will take some pics later today and post. It's been another LONGGGGGGGGGGG night and I need to probably get a bit of sleep. So Mona and Karen, congratulations to you as well since you are now greatgrandmas of Jagger :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on a fine upstanding colt!! Now, I'm wondering.......did you get back in your poker group and tell them about your baby? :bgrin

No I didn't get back to my poker tournament
default_sad.png
and I was doing VERY well I might add, for a change, but I had much more important things to tend to
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back