Ferguson, MO--I Just Don't Care

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this topic and then kind of backed down. I could have inundated you all with black on white killings that weren't widely reported. Since then, some evil cops or whitey set fire to their memorial (which was peppered with candles, paper, and other flammables.) And golly-darn, but that nasty cop hasn't been arrested yet. ...never mind, the grand jury has until Jan now.

So the bottom line is I still don't care! I'm tired of it all.

I really don't care if 'they" can use the N-word and I'm not allowed to. I spent much of my life having sensitivity training, not to mention the beat-my-butt training I received from my parents. I'd like to say I'm sorry that there is such a divide in this country to where there are people I simply can't understand their speech (and even should I be so inclined, there are no classes for me to learn to understand African-American English.)

I'm old enough and live far enough away from those sort of people that I don't have to care about it. I'll be dead before they ever haul their butts out to infringe on my neighborhood.

Yup. I still don't care.

My vet and I were talking about this the other day during a surgery.

If a gang banger shoots another gang banger nobody hears about it. There's no riot. Maybe a memorial? If a gang banger shoots a teenager with a stray, there's a memorial maybe but no riot like this that's for sure. A white cop shoots a black kid the whole world goes nuts. Why is the value put on 'no racism' instead of black life? How sad is that?

Why are trayvon Martin and this kid news worthy when the poor teens killed in black on black gang violence are not? I think a lot of people in this country need to get their priorities straight!

We will soon be hearing from the grand jury. Might as well bump this back up.

Yep, and just as I figured, people (black and white) are tearing up everything. I have to agree, and I hate to, but I'm kinda tired of this also. I am also tired hearing about Bill Cosby. Sorry, off topic.

I have had it up to my ears with this 'political correctness' crap. I do feel sorry for the people who live in Ferguson. Some of them are losing their livelihood. Sad world.

Pam

BTW, Clayton, MO is where my mom grew up so it feels a little closer to home than the geography indicates. I think the right decision was reached based on the facts as I understand them, and like many of us, I've followed this from the beginning. Unfortunately, there are some selfish, immoral people rioting, looting and burning because they think they've got the ability and an excuse to get away with victimizing business and community. A real shame, and there are some high profile race baiters that have sugnificantly contributed to the outrage for no reason beyond self promotion and to further divide our people.

IMG_8712840923606.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they, some, are using the verdict as an excuse to break the law and hurt others including their neighbors. Problem is I figured it was going to go down like this. Shame, when everyone has asked for peaceful demonstrations.

It is a shame when family on both sides has asked for peaceful protest by those who feel protest is warranted. However, it is extremely hard to not be aware and place blame on the people who have turned preaching oppression to the unopressed into a career and those who don't grasp that opportunity to announce "yes you can" when they've enjoyed so much professional and political success. Why are we more divided now along the lines of race than we were in 2008? My sympathy primarily goes to Darren Wilson who surely wishes he wasn't put into the position he was put into, to the family of Michael Brown (who was a thug and threatened the life of Darren Wilson, someone who chose to protect his community by becoming a police officer), and the destroyed businesses. So much of this is contrived and orchestrated.

It's really disgusting what is going on....I am with you Jill, my sympathy goes to Darren Wilson, whose life and his family's lives are ruined. He will never work again as a police officer, if he's ever even able to come out of hiding.

Race relations are worse than they have ever been and the 4 in your photo link are totally responsible.

Did you hear that two black panther members were arrested last week in Ferguson for trying to buy items to make a pipe bomb?

Really don't have anything to add except on the news I watched Nancy Grace and Rosie ODonnald fanning the flames of hatred. Way to go ladies, it's nice to have an opinion but they both went way overboard with their views. After watching the officer's interview I think he did the right thing and wonder how those black folk would have acted if he had gotten the gun away and shot a cop. They would have found a way to spin it in their favor. That Al Sharpton, I remember in the Tawna Brawley case, he tore Albany apart and all for nothing. The girl lied so she wouldn't get in trouble with her parents. Ruined many lives in the process. Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving. This has given us all something to be thankful for.

Yup... I still really DO NOT care.

I watched this on several channels (and on Reddit, until it choked.)

The funny part was Obama limping through his speech, on the left side of my screen and at the same time seeing the "good citizens" trying to overturn the police car on the right side. That was one sturdy police vehicle; the headlights were lit for a long time after it started burning.

Somebody should fire all the media persons. During the QA with the prosecutor, 3 women asked again-again-again, the same stupid questions regarding grand jury votes.

Then there was all the hoop-la about whether it was smoke canisters or tear gas. The moron I saw on (CNN, I think) didn't know how to don a gas mask; and left it on for a couple seconds. Then he started ranting about tear gas. MORON... you have to get a seal; you can't just cram the mask on your head. And (at that point) I don't think it was tear gas; that stuff makes you snot, drool, choke, etc. not cough a couple times.

Anyway. All that police overtime. All the costs. Too bad that money couldn't have been used to build a nice community center or some such.

Yeah, I still don't care.

Yes and agreed. Somebody went to an awful lot of trouble to gin up some race riots and it has fizzled on them badly.

Still as this was a 24/7 kinda story, what else of monumental consequences might be going on at the same time that they would rather you not focus on or take notice of.....

I'll give you a couple of hints. Yer "parties" and their support apparatus' are refusing to talk about it.

Ain't NONE of your talking heads even allowing it to come up as a topic.

Even though it may well be the final nail in the economic coffin for the U.S.

Surely the financially astute know what it is.

Bb

I need to correct my comment. I don't lack feeling for everything.

I feel for the cop. HIs career is toast. Hopefully, he can leverage this mess to do something for his new child and family.

Beyond that. I don't care.

Some thug (who happened to be "of color") acted like a thug and was shot.

Yup, I still don't care about that.

Why is our country even giving credence to this sort of behavior?

Too bad they didn't toss their housing vouchers and EBT cards into the fires they set.

Some funny news footage was that moron who set his hand on fire trying to light a molotov cocktail.

If that poor thug-moron signed up for ObamaCare, we can all pay to ensure his hand is healed.

Saw something on facebook which noted that everytime someone in law enforcement pins on their badge and goes out the door their loved ones are hoping and praying that they come home safe and alive later.Made me think lots since I have several close family members that are in law enforcement.this country is in a major mess with race relations and situations like Ferguson just make it worse.Didn't see Obama,Holder,Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or major media come to Georgetown DE when a young officer with a young daughter was shot sitting in his patrol car by a black thug he was chasing after a robbery.The officer was doing his job.What's wrong with this picture?If this makes me a racist I wear the name proudly.I can't believe any body would go into law enforcement today.My niece's husband is a Chief in a small town and due to retire soon.Said he really is ready to go and enjoy his life.He has a brother and sister in law who are both in law enforcement near Washington,DC.

bevann, I agree with what you just said, we should thank our lucky stars that someone DOES want to wear a star to uphold the laws of this land.

I feel for Darren Wilson, who just resigned and last I heard, it's requested that his wife do so, too... Since that's not unjust or anything :-/ Also, I'm sorry for the business owners, many of whom will never recover.

Additionally, this morning I heard the Ferguson Riotors were leading the Time Magazine poll for Person of the Year. Maybe they're more "politically correctly" called protestors by the magazine :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just my 2 cents...since living within 50 miles from there it IS affecting me.

I feel sorry for the family and the loss of their son. However people everyday loose children and they do not riot. I feel it all goes back to respect. These people rioting and being destructive do not respect others or themselves. I feel sorry for Officer Wilson he has turned in his resignation effective immediately. If anyone would walk in his shoes maybe they would see why he did what he did but until anyone has done this they are truly clueless. I feel sorry for the business owners who do not deserve this and why can't the people rioting see what long term negative effect this will have on that community. It is taking jobs from people trying to make a living and it will tank the value of homes in the area just to name a few. I feel that the media is just making this worse and now to hear that these rioters are up for people of the year puts this country in a very sick place!! I am feel very frustrated with this country and the direction we are headed in. Praying that we can come together and turn this around.

I did hear that Micheal Browns stepfather was arrested for inciting riots, a felony...if that is true I highly doubt it will go anywhere.

Wonder what would of happened if Brown had gotten that gun off of Wilson and killed him? Absolutely nothing...because we would never even of heard about it.

As I said before I am not clueless to the world and think police brutality and racism do not exist, unfortunately it does, and it needs to be stopped. It was clear from the beginning that this case was neither, and crystal clear after the forensics were investigated that this incident was nothing more than the officer protecting his community and then had to use self defense to make it home to his family.

If I was a business owner in that town I'd be packing up and leaving.

Looters and rioters as people of the year....disgusting! It should not have even been an option!

Latest posts

Back