fencing....prices in different parts of the country

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a large number of cattle pannels late last summer and we are still working on replacing all the field fencing (obviously not working HARD or it would have been done long ago!). I got a volume discount and I think I paid around $22/each from the local farmer's co-op and they delivered them for another $30 or so which was good as they weigh a lot and are pretty long and cumbersome to haul. I think I bought 40 of them...

Well here it depends on where I call... One place charges $28.95 for a 16 foot cattle panel and the other place charges $15.95 for the very same panel!! Crazy huh!! They don't have the hog panels so I'm not sure on those. The ones I have, I got for free from a friend of mine. But I've found that my "B" horses like to jump the hog panels so all my pens are going to be changed to the cattle panel.

Round Pen Panels:

We bought our Round Pen from TSC in Ontario for $1300.00 years ago.

8 panels with a gate -6 foot high x 12 foot lengths ( steel has gone up alot since than...)

Hubby says we got it on sale under $1000.00

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Prices sure have gone up since I last purchased any hog panels. I called to get check the prices around here and they are going for around $24.00/panel. Price of steel and gas has contributed to the cost increase. Last time I bought hog panels I paid $16.00/panel.

Yikes :new_shocked: Here in SW Missouri I just bought 35 cattle panels for $16 a panel. I got a volume discount, but regular price was only $16.50 for a 16' panel. I'd glanced at hog panels (too short for Faith) and I can't remember how much they were, but it was more than the cattle panels.

We can get cattle panels for $19-25 each depending on where we buy.

Portable pipe panels are $70-100 each depending on the size and gauge of metal. The Economy, light 5'x10' panels are around $70, the better quality ones are around $100 or more.

What do you mean by cattle and hog panels? Does anyone have pictures. I have a full size horse roundpen, but it was around 135.00/panel. Plus the walk thru door, and it was 115.00.

Very curious to see photos.

Thanks!
default_smile.png

Here are pictures showing some of my cattle panels that I use for paddocks, which are on painted oak posts every 8' (my round pen is 3-board). I am not actually sure how tall the cattle panels are, maybe 52" or so? A little taller than 4'. Hog panels are shorter than cattle panels.

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20151.jpg

Hope%20--%2009092006%20--%20221.jpg

Klassy%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20205.jpg

Looking%20Back%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20147.jpg

Thanks for the input and pictures Jill!

Yes, just to clarify I am not referring to round pens, they are much more expensive, close to $100 per panel.

Well, everything seems more expensive in the Northeast
default_wacko.png
: but I guess not that much more expensive than most.

I wonder if they would give a volume discount? I will call and ask!

I guess I better not grumble about the prices it won't help any
default_wink.png
:

I was going to redo a whole ton of my fencing but now I will have to do it a little at a time.

Are you checking at Andy's for the panels? He has in the past given a volume discount. Hemphills is another to check with.

The hog panels are about 36" tall and have the same number of horizontal wires as cattle panel they are just closer together on the bottom and get wider the higher up the panel. They would be to short in many situations for minis.

Mark

Latest posts

Back