Feeding STRATEGY HEALTHY EDGE to minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
I have been feeding STRATEGY for many years now and love the consistency of the feed and the ease of usage. I am considering using the new STRATEGY HEALTHY EDGE to my almost 17yo QH and my minis that range from 2 to almost 16 yo.

I was reading the pamplet on it and for a 600# horse in maintenance condition with minimum activity to be fed 2# per day. It does say to feed no less than 0.30# per 100# of body weight per day. So how do you like it and do you find your minis do well on it? It has 12.5% protein 8% fat 18% fiber. It is also a low starch and sugar feed.....

Also, if you were using this for your 2yo and up horses what would be the best for the weanlings and yearlings? I am thinking maybe strategy gx formula?

Thanks so much

Healthy edge is for horses ages 2 and up that dont need as many calories as young horses do. we feed strategy to our weanlings and yearlings as the Equine Jr went thru the roof here price wise. All of ours look great on it.

Copied from Purina

ST. LOUIS, Mo., May 21, 2010) – Purina announces the launch of Strategy® Healthy Edge® horse feed, a nutritionally-balanced diet formulated to support the health and well-being of adult horses ages two years and older. Horse owners can sign-up for an exclusive free trial bag of Strategy® Healthy Edge® horse feed online through June 30, 2010 at www.PurinaDifference.com.

“With the addition of Healthy Edge® horse feed, there are now two diets under the Strategy® family that horse owners can choose from,” said Marketing Manager, Purina Mills, LLC, Chris Goodwin. “It’s our way of providing the best nutritional feed options to support various horse lifestyles and maintenance needs. We encourage horse owners to sign up for the exclusive free trial and see for themselves the difference it can make in their horse.”

Designed for active horses with lower calorie requirements, Strategy® Healthy Edge® horse feed helps manage body condition with calories from fermentable fiber, including beet pulp, multiple fat sources and controlled starch and sugar. The high-fat and nutritionally-balanced diet aids in the maintenance and development of strong muscles, shiny coat and healthy hooves. Added flax seed, vegetable oils and rice inside the patented Amplify® Nugget provide essential fatty acids, including Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for immune function benefits.

Back