Favorite Blankets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Little Blessing

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a mini who is going to be clipped because she is going to be going on hospital and school visits soon. We aren't going all the way down to a summer coat, but because it has been super chilly here I want to get her a sheet and blanket to have on hand before we do anything.

What are your favorite blanket brands? I love the look on everything kensington has, but wondering if they are as functional as they are pretty!

default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

Kensington Roustabout for an outdoors weatherproof blanket. Fits well, durable, and keeps them warm and dry. Only caveat is sometimes the leg straps are too short.

Thinking I'm going to pick up the Roustabout with the hood and one of their sheets.

Of course my little one measures at 46" from chest to butt so is on the cusp of two sizes, argh!
default_thumbdown.gif
:ThumbDown
default_thumbdown.gif

This is so weird! You guys love your Kennsington Roustabouts and I HATE mine! I wonder what is different about mine. It's the only of that brand I've ever had so maybe it's just a fluke, but it slides sideways on my horse (leans toward the side with the velcro - I'm guessing that's the heavier side) so my horse always has one side basically exposed and the bellyband in practically on her side. She's also been able to tear it pretty easily. Hmmmm. I took my legstraps off as one was ending up her hooey when the blanket slides.

Sliding is definitely a concern for me. Hmm. She has one blanket now that doesn't slip, but she has beaten it up, so am getting her a whole new outfit while I'm at it. I don't like the leg straps because it's just so much for a little munchkin! It is even a lot for the biggies... Do you do up her belly band so it is touching the tummy? That's what I do with the current blanket I have and it doesn't slip.

Why can't the biggie stores carry little blankets? Would make my life so much easier!
default_frusty.gif

Why is choosing a size so hard? I always have this issue! Blessing is only 30" tall, but measuring form chest to butt is 46" and would seemingly require a large sized blanket. Does that seem strange? (Talking about the Kensington Roustabout and one of their sheets.)

ETA: Just ordered her the larges... I need to just relax and realize the gang over at Ozark know what they are doing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back