Fastest way to paint a room....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
Ok all of you DIYers.....what is the fastest (and cleanest) way to paint a room (and you can't say pay someone). My "house" project this winter is to get my livingroom painted (that I've been trying to get painted for 8 years!). It will be 3 toned with 3 walls having 3 colors (tan upper wall, barn red lower wall, and a black chair rail). My goal is to complete the painting by Jan. 1st. Room size approximately 20x20 (total guess there!).

We use a paint stick to paint, the paint goes into the handle and you just roll it on the wall.. You suck the paint out of the paint can into this paint stick with the roller attached then roll on.. makes it easier and less messy. Good luck I hate to paint!!

Where do you get a paint stick? I've never heard of those!

You can get them at any of your "home depot" type stores. They screw right into your roller!! I also have to paint! Beware of spatters! I get paint everywhere no matter what!!!! Wish I could just pay a professional.
default_no.gif

We've used "sponges", but they have their own handles. This last summer we taped around the windows and in corners and used different width rollers with good success.

Last summer we had a spare bedroom that was 12 x 18 that we cleaned in one afternoon and completely painted in a second afternoon with taping and roller painting. And we used two colors.

Rent a wagner power roller - quick easy and not a lot of mess.

I have the wagner power roller (electric)...LOVE IT. I got the boys room done so quick and very little mess. You can have it do a heavier amount of paint or a light amount. Worse mess is cleaning it up, I just brought it outside to do that.

My goal is my living room and both bathrooms this winter!

Painting my kitchen dining room during Christmas Holiday.

Does anyone know if putting vanilla in the paint really helps the SMELL?

I haven't used it myself, but the guy I work with says he has used it and it does work.

Have the hubby do it, alot faster that way! weeee doggies.

The paint sprayers are great if you get the right one to use.

We have smoke damage from our fireplace when one of our kids friends decided to help out and build us a fire to get us all warm. Not his fault but my old fireplace is picky and if you don't have the damper set just right it ill smoke. Since hubby has lung disease now we have to be very careful. Well the friend messed with it and so now we have smoked marked walls through out the house. Am waiting for after the holidays to paint. Just don't have the energy to do it now.

Latest posts

Back