farrier question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely use it, but my former farrier (he moved) made me a stand similar to the Hoof Jack stand. [Just looked, I had no idea the HoofJack stand was over $150.]
The one I have (farrier made) looks the most like this one from Valley Vet: https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail...mart PLA (IBSE0001)&utm_term=4585238370843183
I honestly can't remember if he charged me for it or not; but thinking he may have charged me like $50.

Thanks for replying, Chandab. I think my sister found the one she wants to use. Yes, I was surprised they are so pricey.
The one my farrier made was made an in between size, so I could use it with my saddle horses as well as my minis.

Received the hoof stand yesterday--quick shipping from Centaur Forge. My sister is anxious to try it out on our horses. Looks like the sling is for the front hooves and the post is for the back hooves.
Maybe our regular farrier will like to use it too.

Attachments

• hoofjack.jpg
    hoofjack.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 0
Received the hoof stand yesterday--quick shipping from Centaur Forge. My sister is anxious to try it out on our horses. Looks like the sling is for the front hooves and the post is for the back hooves.
Maybe our regular farrier will like to use it too.
Sling is for when you are working on the bottom of the hooves (it cradles the hoof), post is for when you are rasping the toes from the top/front (they kind of "stand" on it).

Latest posts

Back