Farrier did the babies today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
Ray Komro is my farrier. His favorite time is with the foals. Once they settle down on his lap, most fall asleep as he does their front feet and then he stands over them to do back feet.

The sorrel is only 48 hrs old but needed some toes rasped. We had to wake her up as she was soundly asleep when done.

RayandSugar2.jpg

RayandSugar1.jpg

The three week old Sunny fought a little harder but also eventually enjoyed it all.

RayandSunny2.jpg

RayandSunny1.jpg

Aww, so cute! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: If that man doesn't put one of those on his business cards he's insane. What great character reference shots.

Leia

Not quite, but he's a good one, my farrier (Robert Larson of Tillamook, OR). I am lucky he's so good with my foals (and patient).

Is Ray related to Jeanette?

What cute pics!!!

Liz

That is precious!!!!! What a sweet farrier
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

With our now 4yo home grown gelding, Skipper, he pitched a fit the first time we trimmed him (the farrier had done him before and he was okay). He finally laid down... That worked! We trimmed him laying down and then the next several times, he laid down for us to trim him. It was like he thought that was the way you do it
default_smile.png

My farrier rocks too but we have never done them that way!! What wonderful photos! Farriers like that are diamonds in the ruff eh!!

That is cute! Yes I was thinking when the horse weighs about 300 lbs what if they try to lay on Ray then??? HeeHee!

Liz, yes Raymond is Jeanette's son.

default_wub.png
: aw.

A farrier like that is GREAT. I love to see the farriers and vets that treat the animals like their own and not just a Number.

great photos. :aktion033:

What a wonderful set of photos. I love it! Thanks for sharing I am going to print them out to show my farrier. He will love it.

That is cute! Yes I was thinking when the horse weighs about 300 lbs what if they try to lay on Ray then??? HeeHee!

Liz, yes Raymond is Jeanette's son.

Yes, Ray says he would be interested to know if we could teach one to just come and lay down as they get older. I wouldnt wish it on him though!

He did have one that would come and lift up his legs to be trimmed he says.

I am lucky to have someone as patient as he is with the little ones.

You are truely blessed to have him. Sweet pics. I miss my farrier. The new guy is nice but not as efficient with each individual horse.

Nope - not like that -- but he is very very very patient with them.

Love those photos -- you should enter the 3rd one (Sonny feet to the left) in Equusite for the photo of the day.

JJay

Latest posts

Back