Farms

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srminiatures

Reaction score
So ive seen on a few farm pages pictures of peoples barns and paddocks. Id really like to see more and see how it is that people do there stalls since mini's don't need huge stalls like big horses do so the barn area would be a lot different... If you have pictures of your barn, stalls, and/or paddocks id love to see pictures along with the sizes of your stalls =)

My barn is a 10x10 run in with a corral onto it. the tall part of the barn is a 10x8 hay shed. It also has a door that is half the height of the doorway in case i do need to put them in the barn for a short while.

100_8243.JPG

This fall I got real desperate for stalls so I put up two 12x20 garage in a boxes and build 2x4 fences in them with wire mesh fence runs. I did not get as far as I needed with the renovations in my big barn before fall and I was running out of space so these temporary solutions worked nicely. Once my big barn is finished I can move the garages to my pastures for field shelters. These are where I raise up suckling foals until they're ready for group turnout.20131120_083601.jpg20130806_072708.jpg

We just built our barn last spring. It was made specifically for Breaker and I couldn't wish for anything better. His stall is 8ft by 8ft. I think it's the perfect size and it keeps quite warm in the winter even at -30ºC. It has rubber mats on top of the concrete for cushion. His paddock is about 40ft by 60ft and has crushed gravel footing and his adjoining pasture is about 60ft by 60ft. The only thing I would change would be to make the fence a bit taller. It was perfect in the summer but with the snow right now, he can almost walk over it!

IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

Latest posts

Back