eyelash colour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teng

Reaction score
I have a smoky black filly (6 months) whoose eyelashes have just changed from dark to a cream colour, she also has 2 light coloured patches just below her eyes - is this normal
default_unsure.png

I only usually read all these helpful posts on here, but found her eyelash colour change strange - anyone help at all !

Thankyou in advance

do you have any pics ? I wonder is it possible that shes not smoky black at all but a smutty buckskin instead ...is it possible she carries bay ? what were the parents colours
smile.gif

do you have any pics ? I wonder is it possible that shes not smoky black at all but a smutty buckskin instead ...is it possible she carries bay ? what were the parents colours
smile.gif

Hi - dam is a silver buckskin and her sire a perlino, i'll try and do some photo's tomorrow - not sure she'll like the camera in her face though !

On the color calculator there also a silver smoky black for this combination. Could that giver the lighter eyelashes? There was less the 2% chance of smoky black or solver smokey black btw.

I did check the colour calculator, but she really did'nt look like there was any silver when she foaled, it's the change of her eyelash colour that i find strange
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back