Expirienced eBay users..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
Me and my dad have been looking at horse trailers on eBay, and we came across some horse trailers for prices that were too good to be true. For example, a 5 horse gooseneck WITH living quarters went for 25.00 last night! It DOES NOT make sense to us, because the sellers that sell that cheap all have good reputations! I know there is something up there, I am just not sure what.. Can anyone tell me what they think is going on?

Here is a link to a few of the trailers..

(I saw this SAME trailer last night, though it is being sold by a different person. I don't understand?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-5-Horse-Trailer-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-W-W-Trailer-14x6-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, if you just search "horse trailer" in All Catergories, you will find some more.

I am SO confused.
default_wacko.png
:

if you read carefully youll see there is a buy it now price of 2900.00 so if it closed with a bid of 25.00 the item did NOT sell. And then you will see it relisted again. they like to start the bids low to encourage bidding up but items with only one bid under the buy it now price usually are not sold

That seller has never sold anything before; check out his feedback. And why would he sell in Euros if he is in the USA? He says you have to contact him before bidding or there is no sale--that is very strange. I wouldn't touch his auction if I were you. You can also check his history and see if he has changed his name before. Keep looking. You will most likely find a good deal on ebay, but be sure to ask lots of questions if you are unsure. If the seller doesn't want to answer questions, then DON'T BUY. I have been buying and selling since 1999.

Why are these listings in EU dollars and not US funds even though the trailers are being sold in the US?

Also, the listings don't say "reserve not met".

As far as trailers being listed in all different categories, sometimes people are listing more than one item, in more than one category. When they list one item, then move on to the next, they have to change the category that the next item is being listed in. I think some people just forget to change the category.

Ditto what the others posted.......Stay away. He's USING E-Bay to attract potential buyers. He wants you to contact him privately to actually do the sale.

I can bet you a buck that he plans on pulling the auction before it ends.

MA

My dad was talking to his friend who is also an eBay user, and he thinks the person bought the 1996 5 horse trailer last night off of the other auction, and is trying to re-sell it to see if he makes some extra money.. Do y'all think that could be the case?

Thanks so much for the quick responses, it is helping me to understand.. What would I do without my Forum Family!
default_yes.gif
:

There are also scams that go on with regard to horse trailers and such. Ebay has listed different types of scams that you can look at - I think there is usually something about them over to the left when you pull up a catagory.

This sounds like one of the scams I read about.

There are also scams that go on with regard to horse trailers and such. Ebay has listed different types of scams that you can look at - I think there is usually something about them over to the left when you pull up a catagory.

This sounds like one of the scams I read about.
EXACTLY!!! My ebay id was stolen once and within an hour someone listed a motorcylce! Lucky for me I am on ebay often and got it all taken care of. Look at the price it is Euro but it says US is home - doubtful! That stinks of scam...

SCAM. We saw one of those before and bid on it, turns out it was a scam (sadly)

Latest posts

Back