Exhausted but excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
I work in choroegraphy as a sideline and we had a show this weekend. We've been in rehearsal for five weeks and we opened on Thursday night and ran through Saturday. I'm absolutely exhausted, coffee is my friend right now. BUT....I worked really hard and it got noticed.

The writer and director for an upcoming play was backstage last night and offered me the job as his stage manager for his show (this guy's stuff has run in Seattle, LA, and New York, among other places and he's written episodes of CSI and a couple of others that I can't remember right now).

I've never been a stage manager before and I told him so, but he said that he thought I was talented (blush) and would be a natural at stage management. I'm so excited! The show is a rock opera and it would be a blast to work on it. I accepted the offer, so we shall see how it goes. I hope I do it well, I'm pretty nervous since this is a new role for me entirely. It is a really flatterng offer, I'm so excited!!

Thanks for letting me share.

Congratulations!!! He obviously thought you had the talent to handle the job or he wouldn't have offered it to you. I'll look forward to hearing updates as you go along.

Yvonne

Now THAT is definitely EXCITING!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Does it mean $$ ???....And TRAVEL???

How cool is that?! I bet you'll have plenty of interesting stories to tell once the production gets underway.

That's so exciting for you !!! How cool...I bet you'll be awesome
default_yes.gif

Thanks!!! It does involve more money than I get as a choreographer, YAY!! But I won't be able to travel with the show if it goes on the road. I can't leave Shake that long. I have to have my priorities. ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:
Mimi, that is SO COOL!!!!!!
default_new_multi.gif
default_aktion033.gif
How incredibly exciting for you. Does this affect the job promotion you were going for? (It sounds like you have a "day job" as well.)

Leia

Thanks guys. I'm kind of an organizational nut. I'm a list maker and I hate disorganization. I also hate leaving things undone. Maybe it is because I'm so Type A that this guy wants me to work on his show. lol Honestly, whatever his reason, I'm excited to do it.

Leia, the choreography and now this stage management thing are just sidelines. I've been on my 'real' job for 16 years as of November and in the business for 20. I'm going after that promotion with my ears laid back and teeth bared. I got passed over for it three years ago when it was open, but I'm sure as heck going to make sure that they have no choice but to notice me this time. I'm kind of a work-a-holic. I like to be busy all of the time.

Latest posts

Back