Exercise Equipment -- What Do You Have

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Jill, I can't help you. I have a horse ranch and that is all the exercise equipment I need.

Sorry Jill, I can't help you. I have a horse ranch and that is all the exercise equipment I need.
Well, I do, too, but ("unfortunately"???) my husband helps a lot and I have a conference room style profession. I can use some help from exercise equipment
default_yes.gif
So far this morning, I've fed a couple dozen hoofed wonders, am changing the water in some massive aquariums, and have done about 7mi on the bike... All while following FOX News on the TV of course. A 4am wakeup makes it all do-able. Yay me
default_biggrin.png

You know, if my love to exercise equaled my love to eat (alright, and drink empty calorie vodka), I might be able to rule the world!!!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wcr beat me to it....but these are my exercise equipment....

Anoki09show3.jpg

20100702_2415.jpg

Moxiesheep.jpg

The first one is a little hard on the arms (he likes to lean on me), the second one is just a very good workout (I do a lot of fancy stuff with him), and the third one is definitely hard on the rear end and legs (especially with all my 'classic' actions). If you think riding horses is good exercise....trying running backwards keeping track of a dog AND sheep!! Talk about good cardio!
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

Jill...buy a coin skirt! It's basically a scarf covered in little jingle-y "coins." Then turn on some music and belly dance your way to a fitter you! It's a great cardio workout, it's amazing for your abs, and it's a lot of fun! You can make up your own moves and make it jingle in different ways with different movements of your hips! You can also find belly dance videos on youtube (I like tribal fusion best) and learn some nifty stuff. Best of all....I only paid about $10 for mine.

I have a DP Aerobic Strider (aka ski strider). I have had it for years. It makes a wonderful junk holder.

I use a Wii video game with Wii Fit and Wii Sports. I also have a DVD with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. She's tough. The only other thing I have is 4lb. weights.

we have a very nice treadmill, an eliptical, and a total gym....I avoid all like they have the plague but my husband uses them about 3 times a week.

I'm hoping I'll keep loving this bike and that eventually, I will convert the treadmill (or get a new one) from it's current use -- clothes station. I mostly use it to set out and hang the clothes I plan to wear the following day
default_wacko.png

I have a recumbent trike, a pair of feet, and am shopping for a kayak.

We have a pave rail trail next to our farm that is gorgeous.

Want to get a kinnect as they have some great active games.

I bet the recumbent trike is fun!!! I just got off my bike a minute ago and did a little over 6 miles today. I love it!
default_yes.gif

Harvey was saying he couldn't believe I only went that far and he can go twice as fast / twice as far, blah blah blah blah blaaaaaah. So I called his bluff and now he's on it
default_laugh.png

Does picking, loading and stacking hay count? I brought home 50 bales today, still on the trailer, would probably ahve been more loads, but... Got a flat, and found out the suspension is broke on the trailer.
default_wacko.png
default_sad.png
default_crybaby.gif
Will probably go with my pick-up in the morning and get the last 15 bales in the field, pray nothing goes wrong.

I think I am the world's worst!

I work in a Health and Fitness Club. I show new members how to use all the equipment that I never use! Show off our indoor heated Jr. Olympic pool where I used to swim a lot. But I never get a chance to work out during the work day, and when it is time to leave, I head home pronto... to do barn chores! My family membership is one of my benefits, but we never use it. My exercise program is like many of yours.... hard barn work. I am a bit over weight, but very fit!
aktion033.gif

I have a treadmill and recombant bicycle that are terrific clothes racks. You can hang all sorts of things from them...LOL

I now exercise by helping my husband at the barn to milk the cows feed the calves and sort out all the hay and bedding. Good bending and lifting. I also walk alot. I wish somebody would take this equipment off my hands, I just never do it, too boring.

I just cannot believe I've got a piece of exercise equipment I actually enjoy using. I mean, it is honestly against the laws of the universe that this can be the case!!! I did 6 miles/ 30 minutes on the bike this morning. Plan to do more after work today. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I'm in shock!!!

Jill, loving to USE it is key!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I have a few small pieces one stairstepper, one "all around" use -- switch out the pieces and do different things like, row, push, pull, etc. Will NOT help if you do not use it --
default_biggrin.png
default_new_shocked.gif
-- sadly.
default_laugh.png

My farm affords me a good deal of walking as it's about 1/3 mile barn to back fields....carry feed in buckets, climb gates (yes, they open BUT, swinging that leg over keeps the hip joints supple, lifting 20-30# of feed helps arm/back muscle, etc.) loading hay, unloading feed, and all those things we do just keeps me in decent shape. BUT, I have recently felt that I might like to go to the YMCA gym for some "structured" work on their equipment for a better overall type of workout.

Fortunately I am a fairly "healthy nutrition" eater, not now or ever overweight but, starting to see the usual decline in certain musle mass -- 65 and fighting it........
default_biggrin.png
Soooooo, my increased interest in STAYING healthy comes from my recently being thrown into a situation with my mother having to move into my home for her own needs. 1) I do NOT want to go her route (never have, hope never to) 2) Time away from the house 3) my 37 horses NEED me to stay fit!!
default_wub.png

I can only encourage anyone reading this to consider keeping your body core muscles healthy and active .... not just legs & arms. Your mind will stay far more active if you use it and you continue to use your body muscle, while feeding yourself with good nutrition. Hey, I LOVE and moderately eat desserts but, good nutrition is first for myself AND my horses. We are all healthy because of it!!! Having only preventive doctor and vet bills pays for the effort. OH, yeah, I enjoy some wine now & then, a couple beers, and/or a good mixed drink sometimes.
default_aktion033.gif

My exercise machine is my treadmill. I use it everyday doing 2-3 miles with my MP3 player! My other exercise machine is my 2 jack russells!!!!! They keep me busy

Julie

I am working on getting a Kayak, we have a lot of lakes around here and some very active groups. Great for the core and upper body and mental health.

I am working on getting a Kayak, we have a lot of lakes around here and some very active groups. Great for the core and upper body and mental health.
I've only been kayaking once, and just loved it! I would love to go again, but my husband wasn't crazy about it. I grew up on the water... he grew up on a farm!
default_wacko.png

I don't think a kayak would make sense on our pond or else I'd get one. A paddleboat would be perfect for our pond, though.

Latest posts

Back