Equi-Spot fly control

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
Has anyone used this yet on their mini? I have been out reading about it and called on it but no one can say if there is a weight requirement. I'm checking with my vet also to see what his thoughts are.

I haven't used it on my minis but when I tried it long ago with my riding horse, it made his eyes puffy and basically an adverse (allegic?) reaction to it. I haven't used it on him or any other horses since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like to use topical chemicals on any of my animals, So I have a big spray bottle that I fill with good ol brown Listerine and the bugs hate it! Also it doesn't hurt the horses when they groom each other if they get it in their mouthes. Easy,cheap and not harmful. I love the stuff!

I use the Celebration spot on with Pepper. The first couple of times I used it, he would stomp his back feet when I put it on the inside of his hocks, but he doesn't do that anymore. I've been using this for about 3-4 years and have not had any problems with it. I also put a little on his goat buddy and one tube is enough for two applications on both of them. I does an excellent job of keeping the flies and mosquitoes away, and I've never seen a tick on them while using it. I would definetly recommend it.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back