Equestrian Events 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelinkellyville

Reaction score
http://www.alltechfeigames.com/competition/events.aspx?calid=8&id=224

This is the link to the Equestrian Games going on right now in Lexington Kentucky, I have never been to a CDE yet but I am planning on going to the one in stillwater OK. next month. ( Not to compete just to watch and learn.) Sunday the U.S. took gold in the reining competition for the 3rd time, but the scores are getting a lot closer to the U.S., so they had better keep on their toes or some other country is going to beat us.

Danny

Yes, there is a CDE competition at WEG and it is going to be incredible!!! I worked out there all weekend and got to watch some of the reining, and I'll be working quite a bit more during the course of the event.

My dad has been mowing and watering the galloping lanes for cross country and marathon for nearly two years now, they are the only thing in Kentucky that is green thanks to the drought. I have seen the obstacles that they have built for Driving and they are going to be a lot of fun to watch, I can't wait! I believe that this website is airing some of the competition live (Link). There is another site that shows the live feed, but you have to pay a subscription fee...

Thank you for that link, I can't hardly believe that this hasn't come up before this on this forum, I hope that work doesn't keep me from seeing it....

Danny

The top level of combined driving competition is the Advanced or FEI level and I believe the World Equestrian Games are the FEI World Championships.
default_smile.png
They're for four-in-hands only but the World Single Horse Driving Championships for CDE were held in Italy this last August and there are ones for Pairs as well.

I was lucky enough to see the U.S. National Championships awarded at the Lexington Classic CDE last fall (which was a WEG warmup event) so many of the teams are familiar to me but will have to miss the WEG itself except for some of the online broadcast. Ran out of money and vacation time!
default_laugh.png

Leia

I have tickets to the Marathon and Cones events.
aktion033.gif
I will also be in the ADS booth on Thursday, Oct. 7, and going to the ADS meeting on Friday the 8th.

Myrna

Myrna, where is the ADS booth located? I haven't run across it yet. I will have to try to stop by and meet you!

Myrna, where is the ADS booth located? I haven't run across it yet. I will have to try to stop by and meet you!
I have absolutely no idea, other than in the Equine Villiage. The information that has come out of WEG is pretty limited, even in regard to what type of passes volunteers will need to get in. I'm not sure even the ADS office staff knew until they got there!
rolleyes.gif
I need to find out that info yet.

Minis are even represented on the ADS booth backdrop, as the staff used a photo that was taken of me at an ADS show in IL! Go minis!
aktion033.gif

Myrna

This just in from ADS:

The New ADS booth is set-up and open for business in the Equine Village of the Kentucky Horse Park. We are located right next to the old race track and the Village Arena where the Driving Derby will be held beginning on October 3 at 6:30 pm.

Minis are even represented on the ADS booth backdrop, as the staff used a photo that was taken of me at an ADS show in IL! Go minis!
aktion033.gif

Myrna
That's awesome!I'm glad the minis will be represented by such a great example of the breed!

This just in from ADS:

The New ADS booth is set-up and open for business in the Equine Village of the Kentucky Horse Park. We are located right next to the old race track and the Village Arena where the Driving Derby will be held beginning on October 3 at 6:30 pm.

I haven't made it down to the equine village yet, but my mounted games group is doing a demo/ competition for 8 days, so I will be down there to watch that on a few of those days. I will be working until 7pm on the 3rd at the EEI/ Rolex booth, but I'll come down after if the driving derby will still be going on, that sounds like fun to watch!

Leia, I'd love to meet Breanna as well, do you know when she will be there?

I also remember CheyAut saying that her driving group would be there (Mini Mystique is it?) and I remember seeing it on the schedule, so I'm planning on making it down to see that as well!

I think she said the 6-11th but I might have misheard that last night. I can hook you two up! I think you'd get along great.

Mini Mystique will definitely be there, they just posted their demo schedule on FB. Wish I could see them!

Leia

That's awesome!I'm glad the minis will be represented by such a great example of the breed!

I haven't made it down to the equine village yet, but my mounted games group is doing a demo/ competition for 8 days, so I will be down there to watch that on a few of those days. I will be working until 7pm on the 3rd at the EEI/ Rolex booth, but I'll come down after if the driving derby will still be going on, that sounds like fun to watch!

Leia, I'd love to meet Breanna as well, do you know when she will be there?

I also remember CheyAut saying that her driving group would be there (Mini Mystique is it?) and I remember seeing it on the schedule, so I'm planning on making it down to see that as well!

Yes, Mini Mystique is there. They are doing drill I believe at lunch breaks. Several of their horses are ADT horses, and several of the drivers have one drill horse, and another ADT horse. They were also in the Rose Bowl Parade this year. Go Minis!

Back