Engagements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandora

Reaction score
I am interested to know how everyone proposes or was proposed to.

I proposed to my fiance. I had this whole thing set up for a lazy Saturday. chinese take out, movies all day etc etc. Then propose that evening. Well the night before I slept so bad kept having nightmares he said no. So when I woke up that morning, I went to his bedroom and crawled in bed with him and proposed then and there. He said yes thank god
default_wub.png
:

I don't know why I was worried. We had a house together and I think 3 cats at that time..now we have 5 cats and the dog..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
My hubby got down on one knee in the shavings in the stall of an orphan Arabian filly we were raising while living at the boarding stable to do so!

This stable was on a Southern Pacific Railroad easment, the corrals and my tack building were 10 feet from an active RR track, but he stayed in there on the floor with me every night, went to work in the morning and came back each evening.... built me a sink and a hot-water heater in the tackroom so that I could wash and everything!

I figured if he was crazy enough to want to marry me during all that... I'd better grab him and not let go!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I had known my DH for only 3 months and on New Years Eve 1994 he picked me up at the airport (I was in CO visiting my dad for Christmas) and right then and there got down on one knee and asked me :bgrin Three months later we were married
default_wub.png
:

This is going to be a fun thread!

My hubby (28+ years ago) and I had been friends for a couple of years, but only really dating for a month! To this day, I swear it was his meeting my mom that influenced him......(She was/IS an amazing person and they "clicked". They became close friends over the years.)

My mother came across country and attended my college graduation. Larry took us both out to a wonderful seafood dinner on the North Shore in Boston. He then took her back to where she was staying and asked permission to take me out for a drive.......

We were driving along Storrow Drive by the Charles River and he pulled over in a viewing area and said, "Ummm..... What do think about us getting married?" (I put him off for about an hour or so before saying yes.) :lol:

MA

Latest posts

Back