Empty Nest Syndrome, who else has no foals coming?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None for me this year and probably not again. After foaling out my two last year I realize that I feel very responsible for the lives I brought into the world. They could live for 30+ years, that is a lot of responsibility! I will love and enjoy my little babies from last year, who are a lot of fun. The experience was lovely and amazing and I can see how it would be addictive. I could not ever forgive myself if anything happened to any of my babies though. I am just not cut out to be a breeder.
Excellent post!

I am just not cut out to be a breeder either! However, I do occasionally breed a mare with the intention of keeping the resulting foal. No foals for me this year though. I had a foal last year (and I hadn't had a foal in years and years) as the year before I bought a bred mare (because I wanted the mare, I actually hated the stallion that she was bred to). I am going to breed her this year to a stallion that I bought on a whim in the Fall. I only bought him because he was led into the ring at a sale I happened to be at and I thought that he would be a good match for my mare. We've all since fallen in love with him; he has a fantastic personality. I plan to geld him in 2011 or 2012.

My last foal was born in 2006 and he is still a big baby!
default_rolleyes.gif
I do miss having foals around and would like to get a nice mare to breed (probably an ASPC or ASPC/AMHR) eventually but I'm not sure when that will be.

Kim,

They will all probably foal sometime from the last week in May til the beginning of August. So you have time :)

I'll pick you up at the Salt Lake City Airport if you decide to come here instead :)

Susan O.

Kim you are MORE than welcome to foal out my mare, Missy. . .she's somewhere between 240 and 280 days so you have PLENTY of time to come down here, I'll spoil you with down home country cookin'
default_biggrin.png

No babies here either. Not sure how the market is in other areas, but its not very good in Oklahoma. Starving horses on the news all the time here. Our "baby" Ziggi, is going to be a 2yo in May. Maybe next year, but I doubt it. If I need a baby fix I can always go to REO's for some muzzel lovins!
default_wub.png

We had two darling fillies last year that are here to show. And I tried to breed one mare, but am kinda happy she didn't take. I like have two foals every two years. And next year we may have a coupe from our own stallion. That is plenty.

Remember guys, there are new fantastic foals born every single day across the country, always and excuse to buy that perfect (in my case appaloosa) weanling you've been dieing to have right?? you'll have stalls open am i right?? perfect baby of tailored to your favorite colors, patterns, heights, bloodlines, temperament, and conformation and you don't have to do foal watch or worry or vet checks or heart break over abortions or loss of life.... I think i feel a shopping urge.... better freeze the bank account or else im in real trouble
default_wacko.png

Yes Theresa, you'll have to come here and get your foal fix! As often as you want! Because *I* get hugs too!
default_wub.png

Marty, You are expecting a filly !! Remember your dream....black with white socks from our Miss Drama Queen herself!! If you and that red neck colt would like to take a ride to Fla. I would LOVE for you to be here and play mid wife!! I know Silver belle would love to say hi too!!

Latest posts

Back