Emma is almost here! One week to go!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update, Ash? I know many of us are thinking of you and your family.
default_saludando.gif

I heard from Ashley last night and they were spending a long night in the hospital.

Lori has been having a lot of painful contractions, but dilated to a 4 w/no progress from there until this morning when they gave her drugs to help speed the process. She was 90% effaced and at a 5 cm dilation last I heard about an hour ago this morning.

I think Emma Grace may just have an April 4 birthday!!!

She asked me to update you and I am sure to thank you for your well wishes. I don't think there is much sleeping happening and as I told her, that is not about to change anytime soon....

Liz

Thank you for the update, Liz. I have been thinking of them and hoping that Lori was getting some relief. Hopefully what they've given her will get the show on the road and we'll have Emma news VERY soon!
default_wub.png

Hoping for all to go well.

Jodi

So glad things are progressing, you are right no sleep for the future, but all that pain will soon be history, once she holds that precious life in her arms.
default_wub.png

Come on Emma

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley's last text message said "soon" so I'm judging that it is very near...just by the brevity of the message!

I am hoping we have pics soon, I am so anxious.
default_smile.png

Liz

She's here: 8 lb, 13 oz and 22 inches long! This is a tall, healthy girl...I have a pic, too, but waiting to hear if it's ok to share...she's gorgeous!!!

Ashley is happy, excited and all are healthy and well.

Liz

default_517.gif
Oh wonderful news, [SIZE=18pt]CONGRATULATIONS [/SIZE] waiting patiently for pictures of Emma
default_517.gif

emma1.jpg

emma2.jpg

Awww!
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png

have a great first day, Emma, we love ya!!

Liz

Awww, she's beautiful! Congratulations Lori, Ashley and family!!! Welcome to the world little Emma
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif

Congrats!! What a beautiful girl. So happy for you guys!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD PRECIOUS GIRL!!!
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your little Emma!!!

Hey guys
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for the well wishes and the congrats. I am home for the night, have to care for the critters. Emma is such a good baby so far. She has slept all day which is makeing it hard for them to get her to nurse, but keep trying.

She has not once curled into a ball, infact she is all streched out.

Lori was haveing very slow going, in fact they wanted to send her home last night but she begged and pleaded to stay. Her water broke at 6:30 this morn. She was stuck at 4cm. She finally broke and got an epideral and then was able to relax some and take a short nap. During that nap(off and on for about 1.5 hours) she took off and sored to 10 cm and after 5 pushes Miss Emma was here!

Shes not to into pics, but here is one good one I got, sleeping of coarse. She looks to have dark curly hair. I was so tired and needed to get home so they are waiting to give her a bath tommorow so I can get pics.

1238898982.jpg

Excuse the shinny eyes, they had just put medicine in them.

1238899576.jpg

Awww...well when you get to get photos, take off her little hat, pretty please? Just for one pic! *LOL*

Little baby heads are sooooo cute.

Congrats again, here's hoping you call catch some zzzz's and best wishes to your family!

Liz

I will get pics that way when her cone head goes down and the lovely black and blue marks on her head go away. She came out fast but seemd like it was a bit of a tight squeeze, Lori did need 6 stiches.

Latest posts

Back