Emma is almost here! One week to go!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Well we are are 38 weeks 1 day. We have been contracting every 5 mins, lasting a min. since about 5:30 last night. WE are at 2 cm and 70% efaced and at a -2. Should miss Emma decided not to grace us with her presence by the 8th we will be getting induced at 6am that day.

We keep trying to convince her to come out. I dont think she has any plans to at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it so very exciting!!!! I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well!
default_saludando.gif

That's pretty good progress Ash. I'll betcha she will be out of there pretty soon and surprise you all. At 5 minutes apart and a 2 right now, she's coming...........You are on your way now! I'll guesstimate she will be here by the 3rd or 4th.
default_wub.png

Good luck, hope all goes well, better than my delivery anyway. I went shopping with my mom on March 17th, did my chores at 4p.m, at 7p.m had to go to the hospital as I had labor pains, 38 hours of labor and a c-section, my son was born on March 19th. He was due the 25th. He is 2 weeks old today(April 2).

How exciting Ashley! To give you a little better scenario - when I had my daughters it was a very quick labor and delivery with both. With daughter one - got to the hospital at 10:10 a.m. and had her in my arms at 10:21 a.m.! And that was rushing to get to the hospital.
default_wink.png

Best of luck to you ! Can't wait to see her!
default_smile.png

Dang it!! I'm almost certain I'm gonna miss the big announcement cuz I won't be online while I am on vacation (unless the hotel has internet access)......guess I will find out when I get back!! Good luck to you, Lori and Emma!!

Well loris first child (almost 11 years ago so its like haveing her first again) was 35 hours of labor, back labor and lots pain. He was 8 13 and the doc told us to expect this one to be all of that big if not bigger! She is head down ready to come out but when you check of her heart beat its abover Loris belly button.......wonder how big she will be. Dad is 6'1 and 160 pounds, mom is short at 5'4, her weight will be left annonymous but she has only gained 13 pounds.

It won't be long now! I hope it goes quick and easy.
default_yes.gif

I'll be waiting to see the exciting news and photos!

Wow! Ash (and Lori) has time really gone by as fast as it seems?!?!

Well, all the best wishes and I can't wait to hear an update and beautiful photos of the happy family..

I anticipate the day my partner and I go through this.. in a few years (at least), nonetheless excited and anxious, but wow.. you all are done to any moment.. exciting and scary.. my best thoughts and wishes.. and many, many more to follow and lots of love!

default_saludando.gif

Im so happy for you guys. Cant wait to see the announcement

Well Lori is at the hosptial now, I am waiting to see if its the real thing first since we have christian. She has went from 2 to 3 cm in 24 hours. She went in because she thought she was leaking fluid. The tested showed a faint line so they are makeing her walk for an hour and then will retest. IF the test comes back positive or she has dialated to 4 she will be staying.

She has been haveing contractions every 5 min for 3 days now. Today they have gotten harder and a bit closer together.

Wowzer......That little girl has speeded things up! I'll try to check back on here tomorrow night to read the announcement!
default_saludando.gif

They are sending her home. THey are just saying its discharge, even though it has soaked through her pants and get the bed wet last night.

She has insisted on a ultrasound has she had the same issues with christian and she had a leak but it wasnt found until they had a ultrasound. They also told her the same things this one is. THey wont do an ultrasound, which is weird considering they keep telling her to come in everytime she calls.

THey want her to take something to sleep through the contractions, told her that I personally wouldnt..

Frusterateing not knowing when to go in considering they say they are not enough, even though she can not walk or talk and has a hard time breathing through the contractions. Plus we live on a good day, 30 mins from the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
How frustrating for you both! Sounds to me like she knows what she is talking about since she has been thru this(symptoms) before.

Sometimes drs dont listen since they arent going thru it, but you have to push them. If she has more discharge I would just show up and tell them to check her again.

Emma is gonna be here real soon!! Yeah!

Thing is when you go to the birthing center there isnt docs there, its all nurses.

I feel bad for her as the contractions are down to every 4 mins and they are anywhere from 1 min to 1:20 long. She is in so much pain here eyes are glazed over and she spaces out when she has them. She was actually trying not to cry through them after she got home.

She is attempting to get them to lighten or something with a bath but its not doing much.

sorry shes having a tough time. That last week is a killer. I also dilated early with all of mine and had contractions at home for days. The good thing can be that leads to a very short labor. I hope its true for her. I had mine 30 mins after getting to the hospital

sending more good thoughts!

Tell her not to worry what they think, if she thinks it is time, its time, just go back when she gets to uncomfortable.

My daughter went in at 8:00 a.m. had the baby at 12:20 p.m. and sent home by 5:00 p.m. all in one day. This was just March 22, 2009. Times they have really changed, just do not keep you in any more.
default_no.gif

Now I am talking years ago, went to the Doctor at 4:00 p.m. and he checked me said baby is in position the right way but you have at least 2 more weeks to go.

Went home that night water broke, headed to the hospital, my little girl decided to turn was breach, and gave birth within 4 hours of getting to the hospital.

Doctors do not know, believe me, had to also insist on my other daughter last July, to admit her, once they did her blood pressure was sky high, had to do a c - section the next morning.

Sure not trying to scare Ashley, but just want you to know Mothers know best and she knows her body better than any nurse or doctor.

Keep us updated. Little Emma is in control now, so come on Emma, we need to see your precious little face.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

She just got up, so havent talked to her yet. I am on here and registureing for classes. I try to let her sleep as she sleeps very little.

Oh she wasnt afraid to get a little heated with the nurses last night, didnt do any good but at least they got nicer to her.

Latest posts

Back