Eminent domain law

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
Can't go into details since the battle still goes on but has anybody had some agency come in and tell you what is going to happen to your land? You have no say in it but your neighbor sure does? I need clarification on this law since it pertains to me and not them. Any place I can start looking for answers? I've contacted our govenor and the next step is the news. I also live in a small southern town and its quite political here. Have hit more brick walls and dead ends that I quit counting.
wacko.gif

Ahhh yeah, fixin to deal w/it here. Like you, probably, we have a LOT of drilling and they are going to put a well in , literally, in our back yard. Used to be that they couldnt have any part of the pad ( about 400' square) within 250' of a dwelling, well now its the center, where the drill stem that cannot be within 250'. Thats right, so the pad can be all but against the house. Which SUCKS, especially since most people dont own mineral rights and we may, may, get a few hundred.

Anywhoooooooo. Contact your District Attorney. If that cant work ( understand the small town politics crap) go over to the next town, or maybe your County DA.

I wish you best of luck! PM me if you need a shoulder, lord knows I will be needing one too if this well goes in. Actually, I may need some massive Vallium so I dont go postal
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Thank you I will add the DA to my list of contacts. I will pm you and let you know how we do. Good Luck with your troubles, you have a hard road in front of you and alot of ugliness to come.

Oh dont I know it
no.gif
We have had drilling for some time, roads are torn up, truckers drive like idiots ( what, was that MY stop sign?) and the noise oy the noise. The closest well has been about 1/2 mile and when it is running my appendix mare goes bananas, I mean stark raving loony tunes nuts. The GPSed out the site behind us 5 or so years ago, right after we bought the house, lucky us, but for some reasont ehy decided not to drill. Well, its a go again. Hay prices have skyrocketed, if you can find it , our normal guys we got it from all have wells and no more hay fields. I am just sick over it all. Kerr McGee had out thse lovely, tranquil commercials that showed wild horses running, no roads, just a drill stem and made it seem how this was such a clean operation. WHAT A LIE! Makes me SO mad that there are people that think drilling in the arctic is a 'good thing'.

best of luck w/your problem. There are times that I HATE living in a small town

Latest posts

Back