Embarressing case of colic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Had my unpreg mare up for teasing last night she wasn't interested in the stallion so left her with the mares and foals in front of the barn for the night to try again in the morning. Around 11 later on l noticed she was really rolling and throwing herself around and pinning her ears at the other moms and chasing of the foals real nasty like. l know this mare was bred 2 days in the middle of a cycle last spring but never caught as she was in heat for about 18 days and we decided to wait another year with her and she was scanned not in foal around June. She also in my defense never got a bigger belly had no bag whatsoever no jello butt firm as usual from driving all winter and l never ever saw any life in there anytime we used her for driving or lunging. So ashamed of myself brought the vet to her stall and she's down and pushing out a foal not colicy after all. l was so embarressed l almost died the vet was laughing the whole time including when l got my bill.

Here's the colic guy this morning out of OhNo and Manly. l think he's a gray colt.

Manlysfoal012.jpg

And first poop :bgrin

Manlysfoal010.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]That is such a joyful outcome to a colic!!! lol I think you should call him Oh No, Not a Colic! Did she make a bag AFTER delivering him???[/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations on your colic case that resolved itself!!! :lol:

Liz R.

That's the best kind of colic I ever heard of !!

Joyce

Geez........I'd take a colic like THAT any day of the week! :lol:

Have fun naming him!

MA

Thats my kind of colic! :bgrin

The mare didn't get any milk in till she lost her placenta close to 3 hours after foaling once that was out she started to bag up and with him poking around down there it happened fast after that. l always freeze first milk from other mares who have it and are leaking it away so he got 2 baggies of that till her's came in.

Congratulations!!! Looks like momma is there saying "haha, jokes on you!" in the picture...in fact, Joker might be a good name for the boy!

Hey, I gotta say that is the cutest case of colic I've ever seen!

Congratulations!!

Edited because i can't spell "hey".
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad it worked out well, he's a cutie, congrats!!

What a cutie. Congratulations!

All I can think of is to have "Pepto" in his name.
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back