Election Day Finally

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
will affect you personally in your day to day life? What difference do you see for you and your family if your candidate of choice is elected? Since there have been so many vehement opinions here I would like to hear how the election of each candidate will actually affect what is happening in your at home day to day life. I KNOW Obama supporters believe there will be great change what are the changes that will affect you and your family I also KNOW McCain supporters are just as strong in their beliefs though not sure it is about change for them what differences do you see when one of these candidates is FINALLY elected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'll be buying an AK rifle next week if Obama wins, because my rights to purchase those weapons will end shortly. My ability to find my own healthcare will be changed, my business will see higher taxes, and my tires will be mandated to have certain pressure in them. Gas will increase in price, electricity prices will skyrocket.

If McCain is elected, nothing fundimental will change. Our country is fundimentally on the right track in my opinion, and doesn't need huge changes to our constitution and our national beliefs. We don't need to be like every other country in the world, we are different for a reason, and thrive on that difference. Only when we try to be like them did we start to falter and fail.

Except for a couple of things Nathan listed I honestly don't see either candidate changing my personal life if they're elected. My concerns are and have been for America....not for me personally.

All the hoopla on this back porch and in the news and everywhere one has looked for weeks and months and only 2 people have an opinion on how the election will change their day to day lives????? Where are all the posters who have kept this board all political for so long?????

If Obama wins I like Nathan will be purchasing a couple more guns, my hubby wants a MNP 15 as well as some ammunition that will either not be available anymore or the price will be outrageous, this ammo is for deer hunting. I will see my electricity skrocket so I'm thinking of buying a woodburner (no clue where I'm going to put it, my house is tiny). I'm not looking forward to how my healthcare is going to be affected. I do expect my taxes to go up regardless of who gets in, but they will be higher under Obama as well as my 401k taxed, therefore I will probably not be putting as much into it, so my savings will go down.

On the upside of Obama, he claims he is going to make the FAA go back to negotiations on the crappy contract they forced down Air Traffic Controllers throats, so maybe I will get a small raise and better working conditions??? Not holding my breath on that one though, we are a small workforce, a very important one, but small. I don't see many caring on what happens to us, including Obama or even McCain. This is why all of my co-workers and friends are voting for Obama, pretty selfish reason if you ask me.

If McCain gets elected, I don't forsee much in my daily life changing. I do think my taxes will go up (as I said earlier with either candidate) but I don't feel they will go up as high with Obama.

There were some threads a while ago about would you support a president that you did not vote for? If Obama does many of the things he's proposed, no I will not support him. Just like so many on here don't support Bush. I will give him a chance and I hope and pray that I am wrong about him as I want this country to be prosperous no matter whose leading it.

I think I will be looking at paying ever more taxes for wars if McCain is elected for he seems to believe that everything is taken care of as long as there is a war going on. I would also see more corporations/big business getting more tax breaks even though tax breaks for them are already putting a strain on the middle income people. If Obama wins I would expect to see some tax breaks for the middle income people and also the retired fixed income seniors. This would help us live with a little more noney to keep us independent. I want to always pay for my share of taxes for I do want to see decent roads to drive on, etc. I just don't want to be put in a position where I can't be free to live independently and have the things I have today....I don't mind sharing wealth IF it is for those who truly cannot take care of their own needs but I see too much waste in government and we pay dearly for it.

I think no matter who wins our day to day lives will change, this election has motivated more young people then ever to be involved in the process. To be excited about this election and realize what a powerful voice they have, to realize they should be involved and appreciate the right they have to vote.

In the long run this can only be positive for America.

All the hoopla on this back porch and in the news and everywhere one has looked for weeks and months and only 2 people have an opinion on how the election will change their day to day lives????? Where are all the posters who have kept this board all political for so long?????
My apologies for my part in it. After trying repeatedly to encourage folks to think outside the box to no effect, I decided to find my happy place and focus on the loves of my life, my family and my cart work.

I do think that "bankrupting" the coal plants has enhanced my instinct that alt energy is going to be a huge field to be in and I got my eye on it.

The proposed massive civilian "army" is pretty disconcerting as well. That will be built on the already very large, increasingly belligerent and unaccountable federal police force currently in place.

As to the tax increase, no whining please as you had the chance to remove the federal income tax in total (and a host of others) and chose not to.

Will I support the result? Guess that means will I be a blind cheerleader? Haven't been for over 25 years so probably won't start now.

As to how it will effect me? Words can't describe nor as evidenced here, be heard. But I do appreciate the chance to try. Thank you

Now, on to the loves of my life,

Bb

I'll be buying an AK rifle next week if Obama wins
We've already bought extra ammo for our guns.

The proposed massive civilian "army" is pretty disconcerting as well. That will be built on the already very large, increasingly belligerent and unaccountable federal police force currently in place.
[SIZE=12pt]Yes, Exactly WHAT is up with that ?" [/SIZE]
default_ohnoes.jpg
I heard it for the first time yesterday. Anyone know WHAT he is talking about?

The first thing that popped into my mind was him creating something with ulterior motives in mind.

As in filling this army with people that would not pass a military check list - ie - his terrorists buddies and the like with questionable backgrounds, character, etc. A wolf in sheeps clothing - read between the lines folks.
default_ohnoes.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]That one is up to something![/SIZE]

[.The first thing that popped into my mind was him creating something with ulterior motives in mind.

As in filling this army with people that would not pass a military check list - ie - his terrorists buddies and the like with questionable backgrounds, character, etc. A wolf in sheeps clothing - read between the lines folks.
default_ohnoes.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]That one is up to something![/SIZE]
Really now it is election day can this just stop. I have seen several posts from you in the past couple of hours all saying the same thing. We get it you are voting for McCain.

This was a thread asking how it will change your personal day to day life not list everything you have listed on almost every other thread about Obama for the 100th time.

My day to day life ALREADY changed. I waited in line to vote for an HOUR at 7:00 a.m. Last time there was no wait at all.

The American people have FINALLY found their voice.

Oh by the way I didn't mind the wait AT ALL!

This was a thread asking how it will change your personal day to day life
And THAT could very well change my personal day to day life as Obama is NOT going to tell us exactly what this intended purpose is really for.. Look at Obama's thieving ACORN group........ Say again - what was ACORN really set up for?

I have seen several posts from you in the past couple of hours all saying the same thing
I think you need to go back and reread.............WRONG as I have been posting on the forum for about an hour today since I got home from voting.

The proposed massive civilian "army" is pretty disconcerting as well. That will be built on the already very large, increasingly belligerent and unaccountable federal police force currently in place
It was stated in an above comment so I asked about it.

You do have the choice to scroll over or block my comments.

Latest posts

Back