Economic Bail Out I would Support

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Edited to add I did not write this and I am sorry for the confusion! This was an email sent to me but it doesnt say who actually wrote it. I took it as a joke and had no idea people would take it seriously!!

Now this I could get behind
default_smile.png

he Economic Recovery PLan

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bon-a-fide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If this would be done..within 1 week your bigMack would cost 20 bux and gas would cost25 per gallon
default_unsure.png

Okay I think ya all need to lighten up a bit. Its tongue in cheek not reality.
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

Yes, I realize it's not reality, but it really puts into perspective the enormous amount of money involved in that bailout. I think it is almost impossible for most of us to comprehend such huge figures.

Heck, if Ruth and I received $595,000 from our good Uncle Sam i wouldn't mind paying $25.00 a gallon for gas, just hitch up those little horses and let them haul us around.
default_rolleyes.gif

Gary

I think this plan should be submitted to the President and to Congress!!!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

default_biggrin.png

Yes, I realize it's not reality, but it really puts into perspective the enormous amount of money involved in that bailout. I think it is almost impossible for most of us to comprehend such huge figures.

Heck, if Ruth and I received $595,000 from our good Uncle Sam i wouldn't mind paying $25.00 a gallon for gas, just hitch up those little horses and let them haul us around.
default_rolleyes.gif

Gary

Hee hee! AMEN!

Seriously if we have this much money to part with (which I know we DON'T), send it on back to us taxpayers. We'll boost the economy for sure!

we can all dream right!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Gary you are right though I cant even fathom that kind of money. Its like these amounts are tossed around like they are pennies and when you really think about it -- its overwhelming!

Sorry Folks,

I am NOT in favor of this plan. I can NOT back a plan where the math is faulty. The bailout is only in the Billions, not trillions.

Lets do the math:

If you take the AIG bailout of 85,000,000,000 dollars and divide it by 200,000,000 voting age citizens, then the amount each citizen would actually get is only 425 dollars. Get out a calculator and check it. I did, and so did another engineer I work with.

It would take 85 TRILLION dollars, not BILLION dollars, to give us 425,000 per person.
default_wink.png

So even with the proposed 700 Billion dollar bailout, it would only amount to 3,500 per person before taxes if you use the 200 million citizens number.

Just not worth it for the inflation that this will cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets do the math:
If you take the AIG bailout of 85,000,000,000 dollars and divide it by 200,000,000 voting age citizens, then the amount each citizen would actually get is only 425 dollars. Get out a calculator and check it. I did, and so did another engineer I work with.

It would take 85 TRILLION dollars, not BILLION dollars, to give us 425,000 per person.

So even with the proposed 700 Billion dollar bailout, it would only amount to 3,500 per person before taxes if you use the 200 million citizens number.
I had checked it too-and got the same as you. Too bad it wouldn't work.
default_smile.png

Hi Karla
default_saludando.gif
, where the heck have you been? Missed seeing you post
default_yes.gif

Lets do the math:

I had checked it too-and got the same as you. Too bad it wouldn't work.
default_smile.png
Oh no, I had better go find Ruth. She has gone shopping already.
default_wink.png

Sorry Folks,
I am NOT in favor of this plan. I can NOT back a plan where the math is faulty. The bailout is only in the Billions, not trillions.

Lets do the math:

default_wink.png

Just not worth it for the inflation that this will cause.

D*MN!!!

I have to clear something up. I did not write this!!! I should have been more clear. A friend sent this to me in email and i thought it was so funny that I posted it here just to lighten things up. I didnt dream anyone thought I actually wrote this!! As i said on page one this is more just a joke not a real bail out plan.

Although its too bad it isnt LOL

I could tell it was a joke and can't believe people thought it was real. LMAO
default_risa_suelos.gif

I knew it was a joke, although I did think kaykay wrote it. I made a new post that I received this same thing in email today so it is going around.

Latest posts

Back