Ebola in the US

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Executive order man wants now to wave his magic wand and send our marines into the ebola hotzone. Would make better sense to suspend flights out of ebola zone and take care of setting up some ebola facilities here.

Can you say "obola". sheesh.

Now it seems there is someone who may have handled ebola specimens who is now on a cruise ship...Belize, I believe it is, is not allowing the passenger to set foot off the ship during its stop there. Why did the cruise line allow that person to set foot on its ship in the first place? Surely, under the circumstances, they would have been happy to refund the person's money or change the booking to another cruise 3 weeks from now? People need to just STAY HOME!

A perfect storm brewing is why this seems so stupid and difficult to understand, what our "leaders and experts" are saying that is.

Many times the watcher merely reads the tea leaves and then gives a probable direction and reason. When those things pronounced become unavoidable reality, the watcher is still hated for speaking truth to media (ALL media) poo. All the watcher can do is set back and wait for the herd to catch up. A few do but most cannot escape their programming. Has Fox said that the inc. period is not 21 days but more akin to 42 days? Are they still stating this lil bug is not air-born? Have they stated that the lil bug CAN be passed before symptoms show?

Back to that storm. As with all the illegals coming across the border en masse, this event too has been carefully planned and there are MANY indicators pointing to this fact. Remember all them protocols being completely ignored as if they didn't exist? Now they are rolling out protocols as though just thought of. Further all yer experts have been and continue to be wrong on numerous fronts. Thankfully the stupidity is becoming much more obvious. Jill's question is spot on. Why is anybody leaving those hotspot area's? Further why are our FIGHTING forces being put in harms way, being sent there? Why are our borders still wide open? The cdc feller makes the comment that "We can track the Ebola patients." Begging the questions................. Insert yer fav. here.

The morning "news" tells me that the Marylad "hospital" has fully half their available beds (Isolation) filled by ONE LADY. Perhaps my question is coming into focus for you and why I stated. "Ain't no freaking way!" they can handle this. Especially if they keep lying. I told you early on that their were other games afoot. Now you are starting to see them formalize.

I caution you to not be fearful as this locks you in place and is what the enemy wants anyway. Rather action, in education and preparation to take care of yourself, loved ones and even unloved ones. Those who refuse to listen have and always will be quite hateful and consider you stupid. MANY years walking in these shoes and on this trail PROVE this to me and folk like me. Ain't nuthin new. As we used to call them "Casualties waiting to happen", we would also seek to break contact asap to keep our people outa the line of fire......

Lastly, and MOST importantly,................ Will we survive this planned destruction? I dunno, my crystal ball went into the repair shop on the day I bought it. Preparation is not just in the stuff or methods needed for survival now but, for eternity as well. Have you made those preparations? Refusal of God IS preparation, but not my choice. Survival as a Nation, THIS nation, also requires this preparation. I stand on the Rock of salvation and have and do decide every day that I will not be moved. Now ifn ya wuz to replicate that by every man and woman across the Nation, the nation becomes fixed. Failing that, there is NO hope of fixing jack. You cannot vote to take your rights back. The evil ones will not just simply hand them over and your vote will not change that. You MUST fight for your God given rights. This is best done by being Godly, eh? This is the preparation most important.

What do I know, I have been wrong sooooooo many times, right?

Do not fear! Prepare! While you may no longer live there, wherever you are can and should be "The home of the Brave"! I encourage you to be your birthright! Which of yer talking heads are telling you this? And this isn't about me or what I know and I don't much care fer pedestals as it separates ya from the crowd and gives that sniper a much easier target....... Rather it is about all of us moving in the correct direction and all equal in the help of moving in that direction as community vs. media and party drones. If you do not shake that off, you will never be a possessor of truth and will be led to do things that "are NOT in your best interest".

Alloya'all are precious and loved. Do you KNOW that? I do,

Thanks for your time,

Bb

So now, today, we have an Obama appointed "Ebola czar" in the form of Ron Klain. A lawyer with no medical background, though he is a long time leftwing SPIN doctor. It feels like "we" are executing the what not to do list every step of the way with this problem.

Aughhh man, maybe it just never occurred to the o that a doctor would be a better choice. Maybe one schooled in virology or epidemiology perhaps.

The reason Belize refused the cruise ship woman is they know the best way to keep ebola out of your country is to keep ebola OUT of your country.

Something to consider: What if someone practicing Islam dies of ebola in the U.S.? You know we are so PC we can't say Muslim or Islam. And we have to respect their customs....right? Well folks, they don't use funeral homes. They got Ghusl. With ghusl they are assuring their loved one ascends into Paradise which is necessary in the event that the loved one did not die in jihad, which gives them an automatic pass. To get your ghusl on the loved ones collectively wash the body of the deceased from head to toe. But before this takes place they have to press down on the abdomen of the deceased to expel liquids from the body to help purify it. Ok, are we getting the picture? Then the washed body takes time to dry and the family spreads it in white linen. Now does that not paint a picture of why it is spreading in those Guinea and Sierra Leone which are predominately M word?

Actually I have heard that "over there" many dying people have been dumped on the street...left there to die...so the family will not be associated with the dying person and therefore visited by the dreaded medical personnel that they believe is the cause of the illness. I haven't heard they later go back to expel fluids.

Of course according to the 2008 census, 85.5% of Liberia's population is Christian, not Muslim.

I read this: Ebola is not an airborne virus, like SARS or the flu, but "theoretically," wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus – over a short distance – to another nearby person.

also read that survivors are not to have sex for 3 months and must wear condoms.

In the beginning when the CDC announced bringing the Dr. here to treat him I was shocked and then read everything I could find about ebola..... sooo expected this to happen. No matter what we are fed by the media I think everyone with any sense knew this would happen.

I said from the start that I really was not too concerned about the people being brought back to the specialized isolation wards for treatment--if any hospital can contain the virus, those will be the ones to do it--but I also said that the travellers are what concerns me, and it seems I got that right on both counts. Atlanta and Omaha has had no problem with health workers becoming infected....and actually that seems to indicate that Dallas has had some error in something they are doing. After all--it isn't Duncan's family or casual contacts who have been infected, it is the hospital workers. I expected that there would be infection in some of the contacts. If the nurses in Atlanta and Omaha were protected from exposure, what went wrong in the Dallas hospital?

Guess we will see what comes of the people who were exposed to the travelling nurse.

I still can't find any info about the first nurses' boyfriend, they just keep saying he is in isolation and so is her dog. We had a scare here last night when a plane from Dallas landed at Grand Rapids, MI with 3 people showing flu like symptoms, they have ruled out Ebola even though the aircraft was surrounded by folks in hazmat suits and the plane was decontaminated. That airport is a couple hours from mine.

A friend of mine who is a nurse in Saginaw, MI was just fitted with her hazmat suit yesterday. They were given specialized training which lasted about 30 minutes. As to what Minimor said, a large facility that was trained on how to handle this doesn't worry me as much as these little rinky dink hospitals, they have no idea what they may get into.

I also would like to know what the Ebola Czars job description involves, especially since he has zero medical background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job description: Blather rhetoric and lies to the world so that your supervisor may continue golf games and care free luxurious lifestyle while making more divisive, deceitful, and destructive plans.

Well, I don't know if I got this information completely right or not, as I was on a cell phone conversation with my MIL... Her nephew is stationed in Germany and has just been deployed to Africa, and she said he told her they are sending them in without proper equipment (forget the exact words she used, if I think of them, I'll edit my post). they will however be quarantined upon leaving Africa.

I said from the start that I really was not too concerned about the people being brought back to the specialized isolation wards for treatment--if any hospital can contain the virus, those will be the ones to do it--but I also said that the travellers are what concerns me, and it seems I got that right on both counts. Atlanta and Omaha has had no problem with health workers becoming infected....and actually that seems to indicate that Dallas has had some error in something they are doing. After all--it isn't Duncan's family or casual contacts who have been infected, it is the hospital workers. I expected that there would be infection in some of the contacts. If the nurses in Atlanta and Omaha were protected from exposure, what went wrong in the Dallas hospital?

Guess we will see what comes of the people who were exposed to the travelling nurse.
I think a lot of the problem is that us citizens see conflicting information. For example, some people (the aid workers) were transported to specialized treatment facilities on super-duper flights in full containment. Then "they" handled Duncan in a hap-hazard manner; leaving much to doubt about contagion, and in the process inflicting the virus on the two "nurses" or whatever they were. I think it sends a mixed message to the people.

What do you all think about the messages now being sent comparing ebola to the flu and urging people to get their flu shots because the flu has killed more people in the US than ebola.

I haven't seen those comparisons--but I would say it is a stupid comparison, considering that Ebola is so new here--that is like saying vaccinate your horse for WNV because WNV kills more US horses than African horse sickness does. One has nothing to do with the other.

In any case--I get a flu shot every year anyway, haven't had one yet this year because the vaccine still isn't available here.

What do you all think about the messages now being sent comparing ebola to the flu and urging people to get their flu shots because the flu has killed more people in the US than ebola.
I think comparing flu deaths to ebola deaths is misuse of statistics. News organizations, CDC, bloggers, or whoever tosses that out there telling us that we should be more worried about the flu or maybe getting smushed in a highway accident are being misleading.

Sure, flu has killed lots of folks; so have car accidents. But, flu is more prevalent than ebola and attacks specific groups of unvaccinated people; for example, young children, older adults, people with asthma, some ethnic groups, etc. And car accidents kill people that ride in cars.

To me it seems like ebola kills whoever contracts it; and it's a particularly messy sort of death. I haven't had a flu shot in quite some years, but if I have to go I'd rather be smashed quickly on the highway or perhaps in some sort of pneumonia thing from the flu. I really don't want to vomit, poop, and bleed out. Just my choice, I guess.

I get a flu shot every year for the past probably 20 years. I got one this year just as ever. For me, that choice has nadda to do with CDC statements or Ebola. I'm not scared myself or anyone I care about will likely be in a spot to catch Ebola, but I'm totally disgusted with how our government is handling the situation. A flu shot is just part of what I do each fall. I kinda wonder with all the flu strains I've been vaccinated for if I don't have immunity to some strains that maybe have been duplicated in the shots over that span of time but don't know how to figure that out!

Latest posts

Back