Eau Claire sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wendy4mini said:
I go to the local auction several times a year to do a report for the Humane Society.  I talked with the auction house owner and  he told me that minis and small ponies where really selling this year for "PONY SKIN".  According to him, the fashion industry is paying big money for "Pony Skin" to use for coats, skirts and furniture.  He said that pintos, apps and solid dark colors really expensive.  So, it's not only for meat but also for skins. 
Thanks to everyone for helping the poor animals but also for bringing to light the ugly side of the horse industry.

470771[/snapback]

Oh ICK!!!
smileypuke.gif

I had no idea this was so prevalent; we definitely need to be aware of this and on guard. "Cruella DeVille" of 101 Dalmations comes to mind *shudder*

Yes, I posted about this on another thread.

Foal skin is becoming quite popular because it is so soft.

In particukar, there is demand for the skin either side of the tail, I guess where the rump meets the leg it is supposed to be very soft and ideal for bags etc!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Sounds rather horrible but it is necessary for people to know.
no.gif
no.gif

I think mini foals bought by kill buyers would be used for this not their meat value.

Latest posts

Back